5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A giant WTF on Rebel test drive!

Reaction score
I stopped in at a large local dealer tonight to test drive the new Rebel. As the saleman pulls up in the truck and gets out I see there is water literally streaming off of the inside of the windshield soaking the dash top, and raining from the sunroof! I had already read the threads about beautiful new Rams with water leaks in here. I asked him if it had a leak, he said, "No, it was really windy today." :eek: I have no guess what wind has to do with leaks, but I figured I'll just pretend that makes some sense.

I did drive it, very nice, looked good in white, but, WTF? Why wouldn't a dealer go out and fix their stock? it's obviously a known issue just from reading posts in here! I feel really bad for those of you that bought an expensive leaker, I think my head would explode in your shoes. This one looked like it should be sold with a sump pump! Super nice truck except for that.

392DCGC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
None of the water leaks I've seen reported here have had anything to do with the windshield or pano roof. They have specifically related to the gaskets on the rear of the cab not being seated causing the floor to soak. Sounds like that truck had something entirely else going on.

Reaction score
None of the water leaks I've seen reported here have had anything to do with the windshield or pano roof. They have specifically related to the gaskets on the rear of the cab not being seated causing the floor to soak. Sounds like that truck had something entirely else going on.

I think it was all over the windows and sunroof from being out in the sun and our temps had really dropped today, into the 20's tonight. It looked to be an insane amount of condensation on all the glass. When I checked, the rear floor was pretty wet. We haven't had rain in a week or so, yet when he pulled up it was dripping off the inside of the windshield and soaking the dash. I would guess it would have taken 2 bath towels to dry the windshield and dash completely. I've never seen anything like that, besides in one of my boats.

Last edited:

alow

Reaction score
I'd have to guess someone left the sunroof open when they parked it. Shame on that guy for playing it off and not grabbing another one.

Users who are viewing this thread