5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Few Oddball Wheel/Tire Questions

eTorqueCoasting

Reaction score
I have a few questions about wheels and tires I'm hoping people with more experience than I have answers to.
Typically, all things being the same (or as much as they can be) which weighs more, larger rim with less sidewall or smaller wheel with taller sidewall? Same overall diameter.
Same two setups, which one costs more to replace tires? For some reason or another, I keep thinking lower profile tires cost more.

Choate

Reaction score
Not to be a jerk but it all depends on the wheel and tire. What set ups are you looking at or thinking of? I’ve dealt in wheels and tires in all different sorts of vehicles than I can to admit. I could probably manage a tire shop w no training needed lol

eTorqueCoasting

Reaction score
Not to be a jerk, but all things being the same...somehow I was thinking most models/products come in differing sizes, with the only thing being different is the size (and resulting characteristics- weight, price, etc).
Right now, I've got factory 18" with ORG package. Not sure if I care about change overall tire diameter. When I ordered my truck, I considered getting the 20" wheel package, but I thought replacement tires (they eventually need replacing, right) would cost more, so I stayed with the 18s.

Choate

Reaction score
You’re going down a costly rabbit hole my friend. Just get 35s and your choice of wheel size. A 2.5” level would easily make that happen w your truck. Probably be a good idea to get new control arms

Users who are viewing this thread