5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A different type of CAI discussion...

PaulieWalnutz

Reaction score
Just received my AEM filter today...looks beautiful and the quality is high. Did this same filter on my 2019. They are $40 on Amazon. Here are a few pics. Some notes:

1. The OEM filter is highly restrictive
2. The thick, dense carbon filter is far more restrictive than most think, so between the OEM and carbon, it can't be easy for this truck to breathe
3. I simply cut the carbon out with a utility knife, cleaned up the edges and blew it out with an air compressor to remove all debris

I would bet money that this install, with the factory air box that is actually very unrestrictive, will rival that of a S&B or any other replacement air box. The OEM box and piping is actually very good. It may not look as "pretty" as a replacement like a S&B, but it will perform just the same.

$40 or $300 for the same result...you're choice :unsure:

View attachment 79965 View attachment 79966 View attachment 79968 View attachment 79969 View attachment 79970 View attachment 79971 View attachment 79976 View attachment 79977
Trying this tomorrow. Aem just arrived.. didn’t come with the nice sticker that yours has thou haha

Users who are viewing this thread