5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A couple of questions

Nightowl

Reaction score
I hadn’t driven the ram for about a week, drove it to work Saturday and the auto start/stop light was on in the dash. Got off of work didn’t come back on and didn’t come back on today. I called the dealer on the way in yesterday, They said my warranty on that battery expired past January. It’s a 2020. Where is the battery located and how long do they last?
Second question is when I use the remote start and then get in the truck and hit the start button the truck rocks forward a little bit. What causes this?

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I hadn’t driven the ram for about a week, drove it to work Saturday and the auto start/stop light was on in the dash. Got off of work didn’t come back on and didn’t come back on today. I called the dealer on the way in yesterday, They said my warranty on that battery expired past January. It’s a 2020. Where is the battery located and how long do they last?
Second question is when I use the remote start and then get in the truck and hit the start button the truck rocks forward a little bit. What causes this?

The eTorque battery is behind the rear seat. Should last a long time. Are you sure the battery is the issue?

My truck doesn't "rock forward" or at all when doing that. I'm not sure why it would.

Fatherof3

Reaction score
The dealer wasn’t saying your ETorque battery wasn’t covered , they were saying your regular battery wasn’t covered . The ETorque battery is covered for 8 years and over 100,000 miles .

Nightowl

Reaction score
The dealer wasn’t saying your ETorque battery wasn’t covered , they were saying your regular battery wasn’t covered . The ETorque battery is covered for 8 years and over 100,000 miles .
He called it the "start/stop battery". Told me it is located beside the main battery, which it isn't, or behind the rear seat. Here is a pic of the icon that lit up. Said it would drain the main battery more if I didn't turn the stop/stop off. The light was off when I drove home from work.

Attachments

• start stop.jpg
    start stop.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 6

Fatherof3

Reaction score
That could be because the main battery was low in which case the auto start stop wouldn’t work until the main battery is fully charged .
At any rate the ETorque battery would be covered if it is bad unless you have really high mileage .

vincentw56

Reaction score
He called it the "start/stop battery". Told me it is located beside the main battery, which it isn't, or behind the rear seat. Here is a pic of the icon that lit up. Said it would drain the main battery more if I didn't turn the stop/stop off. The light was off when I drove home from work.
Your dealer is an idiot and has no clue what they are talking about. It won't drain your main battery at all. Find another dealer.

Users who are viewing this thread