5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A/C Performance

ac1dd

Reaction score
Like I said, it is very possible if FCA has put the parts on restriction.
But the TSB says that all that is needed is for the customer to make the complaint,
it says nothing about restrictions on parts being released.

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
But the TSB says that all that is needed is for the customer to make the complaint,
it says nothing about restrictions on parts being released.

It does not have to. Any manufacturer, when faced with a parts shortage and they have to make a decision between installing a part on new trucks vs releasing it for a TSB, they will pick the new trucks every time. They won't short their "money makers" and slow the lines down for a TSB on trucks already sold.

Safety recalls can be a different story, but this is not that, its a technical service bulletin (TSB).

Tarheel14

Reaction score
Got the TSB for the AC performed on my truck last week. They put on the RO that the customer states AC on left side is not as cold as the right side or something to that affect. Anyways, got it replaced. It does seem colder and I believe it has made a pretty big difference. I have not measured the vent temperature myself. Seems like there is a slight smell of grease coming out of the vents. Maybe thats the new parts?

flinstigator

Reaction score
Got the TSB for the AC performed on my truck today. I had complained about the AC a few times before but they just checked it, added some refrigerant, and sent me on my way. This time when I dropped it off I also dropped a copy of the TSB which was provided in this thread. Thanks for that! AC doesn't seem to blow quite as hard as it did before but definitely cooler. We will see how it does in the hot Florida sun!

turkeybird56

Reaction score
Got the TSB for the AC performed on my truck today. I had complained about the AC a few times before but they just checked it, added some refrigerant, and sent me on my way. This time when I dropped it off I also dropped a copy of the TSB which was provided in this thread. Thanks for that! AC doesn't seem to blow quite as hard as it did before but definitely cooler. We will see how it does in the hot Florida sun!
Well, I had my truck in a week ago again for AC, also failed O2 sensor (second time). Dealership ordered parts ref the AC TSB (24-001-20) and O2 sensor. Parts in today. I have an appointment on Tuesday for install: Shall report back. Temps in central TX here get to 110 some time, so ne better working will be appreciated. Sometimes, the vent temps on my truck vary by 12 degrees, and I haver to run truck hard for over an hour to get temps below 50 degrees, central vent in town stays at 57. So shall report back.

mhb1638

Reaction score
2020 limited here..... Living in Georgia the truck did fine. Now I live in Arizona... And I sweat with Max AC on and ceramic tint on every window and windshield. Very annoying. It's fine when moving but sitting still it's not good at all.

mhb1638

Reaction score
I have been on this reading forum since I bought my 2019 Limited and have learned a lot from tires to what grade gas to use. I was aware of the AC issues but bought the truck anyways. I did the heater line hack and it got me through the Phoenix summers but not great. I had the TSB preformed yesterday and I was scared to have them rip my dash apart but I must say they did a great job. I found no damage or visual fit difference. did not lose any settings on screen and best of all my AC works fantastic. Temps are even from side to side and went from best low temp of around 52-55 to 45-46. They completed the work in one day and I am really pleased. Stay safe and healthy.
I live in Phoenix area now.. .. What's the dealership you used

turkeybird56

Reaction score
That’s awesome, and it mirrors my experience. Glad to hear you’re happy with it.
There’s now way I would go have gone through another Texas summer without it.

Cheers,
YUP, TX heat even hotter this year, which is why I got truck going in Tuesday to be done.

flinstigator

Reaction score
Well, I had my truck in a week ago again for AC, also failed O2 sensor (second time). Dealership ordered parts ref the AC TSB (24-001-20) and O2 sensor. Parts in today. I have an appointment on Tuesday for install: Shall report back. Temps in central TX here get to 110 some time, so ne better working will be appreciated. Sometimes, the vent temps on my truck vary by 12 degrees, and I haver to run truck hard for over an hour to get temps below 50 degrees, central vent in town stays at 57. So shall report back.

So it's been pretty warm here in FL since my AC repair was done. Central vents measured a low of 49 on a 95 degree day. Previously measurements were in upper 50s and I would never take my AC off of full blast. Now I find myself dropping the AC back which is a good sign! Hopefully you get a similar result!

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
So it's been pretty warm here in FL since my AC repair was done. Central vents measured a low of 49 on a 95 degree day. Previously measurements were in upper 50s and I would never take my AC off of full blast. Now I find myself dropping the AC back which is a good sign! Hopefully you get a similar result!
Glad to hear!

turkeybird56

Reaction score
I hope so. Well turned in truck this AM. Truck not be ready till tomorrow. My central vent temps in town were 57 degrees, so ne thing in the 40's be great. I can still do the AC hack if I need it colder. I have the hose and the valve just in case and a clamp for temporary.

flinstigator

Reaction score
I hope so. Well turned in truck this AM. Truck not be ready till tomorrow. My central vent temps in town were 57 degrees, so ne thing in the 40's be great. I can still do the AC hack if I need it colder. I have the hose and the valve just in case and a clamp for temporary.

Hopefully you don't have to go the clamp route after the repair. It made my AC much better and should do the same for you.

turkeybird56

Reaction score
Hopefully you don't have to go the clamp route after the repair. It made my AC much better and should do the same for you.
WELL, here is my take on that: I have a "Ball Valve", proper size, and hose and clamps. IF this fix does not work, I will put a "Ball" valve in the Return line from the water pump to the heater core and stop it this way. With the clamp on this line, my temps went from 57 degrees to 42 degrees in town. The only bad thing is: Fully engaged, U have no warm air ref window fog and such. TRUCK still there from yesterday, hopefully done today. Truckers with Big Diesel rigs been doing this forever. Would be a shame to put $30.00 of parts on a hose line in a 50K truck.

ADDED: Been doing some reading on the 2021 Chevy's with the new "Duramax" 3.0L Diesel: Many have been blowing engines with less that 5,000 on odometer. I sure hope that is not a pattern, regardless of wat U drive, sounds like the ED's, though they lasted longer than 5K, LOL. WHY I got rid of my Gen 2 ED. I had ZERO issues, just did not want to be in the line of not if but when, LOL.

turkeybird56

Reaction score
Here U go, truck at Dealership day #2, with the whole HVAC tore out of truck. Guess gonna be a 3rd day before I get my truck back, LOL.

IMG_1848.JPG

SEE POST # 1029.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread