5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A/c issue

Ram12375

Reaction score
I have a new ram 1500 with 2000 miles on it. Today when I put on max ac it blew really hot air. Tried turning off and on several times,even turned truck off and back on a couple times but no change in temp. I also had a strange symptom on the Sirius xm where everytime I changed the channel I lost sound until I rehit the Sirius xm button. Then after driving about an hour I hit the Alexa button ( by accident)for my first time. After the error message of can't set up while driving,xm radio started working correctly and ac blew cold immediately. Screen is the 12 inch. Has anyone experienced anything like this. Is this a glitch with the infotainment system,or could I have done something to cause this without knowing. I did also try the manual controls and I used the remote start feature today as well which I never do

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
I have a new ram 1500 with 2000 miles on it. Today when I put on max ac it blew really hot air. Tried turning off and on several times,even turned truck off and back on a couple times but no change in temp. I also had a strange symptom on the Sirius xm where everytime I changed the channel I lost sound until I rehit the Sirius xm button. Then after driving about an hour I hit the Alexa button ( by accident)for my first time. After the error message of can't set up while driving,xm radio started working correctly and ac blew cold immediately. Screen is the 12 inch. Has anyone experienced anything like this. Is this a glitch with the infotainment system,or could I have done something to cause this without knowing. I did also try the manual controls and I used the remote start feature today as well which I never do
I can't answer but please give more info
what engine
nav or non nav
what model 1500
2022 model year?

Ram12375

Reaction score
It's a 2022 1500 backcountry with12 inch uconnect 5 with nav. 5.7 without etorque

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My 2020 Rebel has bad AC just does not get cold enough even after a TSB fix - it is the main reason I am not keeping this truck at lease end.

Users who are viewing this thread