5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A/C in Auto?

Bigbags85

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the A/C runs when the system is set to auto and heat is blowing? If you try and enable A/C it disables auto.

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Typically, the compressor will run in defrost mode. Not sure about other heating modes

Bigbags85

Reaction score
Typically, the compressor will run in defrost mode. Not sure about other heating modes
Okay, I was curious about the RAM because I know in my other car I can have the option to keep it on to help dehumidify and keep windows from fogging. I haven't really noticed any of the front windows fogging up but the rears do.

Threesuns1

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Auto will try to keep the temperature at what you have set, set it and forget it type of thing. The auto setting will determine if AC or heat is call for. An example would be if you a colder temp area and the heat is blowing and you travel south into a warmer area the AC will kick in if the cab temp goes above your set temp, not sure what the offset is. If you press the AC button you are taking it out of auto.

Bigbags85

Reaction score
Auto will try to keep the temperature at what you have set, set it and forget it type of thing. The auto setting will determine if AC or heat is call for. An example would be if you a colder temp area and the heat is blowing and you travel south into a warmer area the AC will kick in if the cab temp goes above your set temp, not sure what the offset is. If you press the AC button you are taking it out of auto.
I guess that would be a no then, kind of a shame they didn't allow both to be enabled.

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
that is why I sometimes smell the AC when I turn it on myself (by pushing the ac button myself) as I leave the climate setting always in auto. But they say to use the ac from time to time, also in winter, cause otherwise mold comes on the filter.
Also AC is not only for blowing cold wind, but also makes the air dryer, which is interesting in moist/high humidity conditions in these winter times.

Users who are viewing this thread