5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A/C hack 2021 1500

Cupped_up

Reaction score
searched the forum and couldn’t find what I was looking for…

Does anyone have poor AC performance in their 2021?

I know this is a problem with the 19/20 model 1500s. But, what about the 2021? My AC on max speed and recirc blows 50-55° after 20 mins of idling.

I have the muzzy AC valve and want to install it, but will it do anything if the problem was “fixed” for my 2021? I don’t want to install it if it won’t fix the problem…

Also, fan speed is TERRIBLE.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
There was talk that the issue was fixed for 2021. Our current 2020 Limited works great, so I never needed to mess with it. When I checked the vent temps I remember seeing it was in the 40's, but I don't remember the exact number it got down to because it was a couple years ago that I checked it. I suggest clamping off a heater hose and seeing if your A/C temps go down. That's easily reversible. If it works the muzzy hack will work for you.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

I know this is a problem with the 19/20 model 1500s. But, what about the 2021? My AC on max speed and recirc blows 50-55° after 20 mins of idling.

I have the muzzy AC valve and want to install it, but will it do anything if the problem was “fixed” for my 2021? I don’t want to install it if it won’t fix the problem…

Check your cabin filter recently?

gomango392

Reaction score

I replaced my cabin filter with a K&N, my A/C is much colder now! My 23 A/C was very weak as well but now I can actually turn the fan speed down to be cold instead of needing it on 6 to be cold.

Cupped_up

Reaction score
I’ll buy a clamp for the hose and test it. Good idea.

Also, do you have a link to the k&N filter? I’ll try that as well.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Here’s the TSB as well. Hard to say if your 2021 got 2020 parts

Attachments

• AC TSB.pdf
    706.8 KB · Views: 26

gomango392

Reaction score
I’ll buy a clamp for the hose and test it. Good idea.

Also, do you have a link to the k&N filter? I’ll try that as well.
Yeah clamp is the best way. Don't have to mess with coolant and it does the same thing. Just blocking off the coolant going to the heater core. But you will see an improvement with the K&N

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Yeah clamp is the best way. Don't have to mess with coolant and it does the same thing. Just blocking off the coolant going to the heater core. But you will see an improvement with the K&N
Clamps good for temporary fixes. Would prove the theory. Wouldn’t leave it that way long term.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Oh for sure! Pop the clamp off for winter time but yeah exactly, it would prove the theory
I actually did this with a rag and some needle nose vise grips. Proves I needed the TSB tho lol

Users who are viewing this thread