5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A/C experiment

gomango392

Reaction score

So I am by no means an expert in measuring A/C temp, but I wanted to improve the A/C in my 23 as best as I can. So I did a comparison between the oem filter, no filter and then the K&N. It was odd that no filter came in second place but whatever. The K&N gave me the coldest reading while no filter gave me the second coldest reading vs the oem filter which gave the warmest reading. So supposedly I did it all wrong when I measured the A/C since I had it on recirculation but that's how i always use my A/C so idc. Hopefully this helps, that K&N is a great option because it's reusable. Oem filters are 25 bucks and seem to need replacing once a year. So 35 bucks for a better flowing filter which by my test gave me the coldest temp, and the fact that it's reusable is a win in my book. Also gives the cabin a clean scent.

Those of you with the muzzy coolant hack, I'd be curious to see what your temps are with the oem filter and basically a/c set to max just for reference.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240707_200733_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240707_200733_Gallery.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 32
  • Screenshot_20240707_195643_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240707_195643_Gallery.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 32
  • Screenshot_20240707_195704_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240707_195704_Gallery.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 32
I went with K&N as well. I hose it off and don’t re oil it. No filter had the most air flow. Didn’t measure temps

Also, I believe that the slower the air moves, the colder it will be because it spends more time getting cooled, as long as it’s not being too restricted.

Also, I believe that the slower the air moves, the colder it will be because it spends more time getting cooled, as long as it’s not being too restricted.
I have to say, with the stock setup, the majority of my 30 minute ride home on a hot summer day, I had to have the fan speed on 6 to feel comfortable but now im able to turn it down to 3 or 4 and feel comfortable

I have to say, with the stock setup, the majority of my 30 minute ride home on a hot summer day, I had to have the fan speed on 6 to feel comfortable but now im able to turn it down to 3 or 4 and feel comfortable
I had the same experience

Users who are viewing this thread

Back