5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A/C blend door problems?

M3Master

Reaction score
Had quite the experience at my dealer yesterday. It was a hot day here in TX and I turned the A/C on in the morning. The driver's side feels like the heat is on...passenger side is cold. Seems like a blend door issue to me so I made an appt at the dealer. Started it up and took it in and of course it worked as it should...both sides ice cold. The advisor, who had a completely ****ty condescending attitude by the way, said that if it isn't currently blowing hot on one side they won't even bother to look at it.

I found some stuff in search but it was a huge thread and mostly seemed to apply to non dual climate control systems. My truck is a '20 Limited with 102 miles on it so it has the automatic dual zone thing. Since my dealer refuses to look at it, is there any known fix that I can do at home? I'm fairly mechanically inclined and have been working on cars for...damn...almost 30 years as a hobby.

Sorry if I missed a duplicate thread. Appreciate your time.

Clayinfla

Reaction score
Sorry for the dumb newbie question. I am in central Fl, so we have been up in the mid 90s already as well. My AC seems fine. A little weaker than the Honda I traded, but doing fine so far. Does this issue manifest in all trucks or only some? Is it that way from the beginning, or does something change that starts the AC problems as discussed on this board?

RainDesert

Reaction score
Many of these trucks have intermittent blend door issues, mine is one of them. I have a tradesman and besides my AC not blowing cold, I get air at my feet when in vent position, roughly every other time I switch it to vent. This also happens in defrost, so my blend door that is supposed to close off the foot air randomly works right.

M3Master

Reaction score
At least it's intermittent. Doesn't sound like the dealer is willing to fix...or if a fix even exists.

Users who are viewing this thread