5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A born and bred Texan FINALLY has a truck

HannibalofCarthage

Reaction score
Evening everyone, welp I'm a lifelong Texan with my first truck but not new to Mopar. Started with an 04 Chrysler Sebring, then an 06 Dodge Magnum, '11 Challenger, and a '14 Durango. Couple of Months ago I had to take the Durango in for an evaporator issue. The Dealership gave me a 2019 Bighorn as a loaner. Huge mistake, as soon as I got in I fell in love with the roominess (I'm 6'3" 280lbs), the power and surprisingly the ride. From that point on I started obsessing and dove into youtube reviews. I had enough and went to a dealership this past Saturday and Came home with what I wanted, a 2019 Bighon/Lonestar with a Hemi (also a first for me). Interesting side note, I ordered side steps and had the dealer install them, they loaned me a 2018 lonestar......I was less than impressed and was glad to be out of it, no offense to anyone with a 2018 it just didn't feel right. Anyway I hope I to learn more about the 5th gen rams.

#MOPARORNOCAR

Last edited:

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Welcome Mr. Texas from New Jersey. I was also of the same mindset that the 2018 was good, but due to my size this 2019 definitely fits me better.

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome, nice truck and I agree that trying them out if you don’t want to get one is a bad idea... ask me how I know. First Mopar was a ‘69 Dodge Dart.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welcome. Ironically, one of the few times I’ve not owned a truck we’re my years in Texas. Back then, Suburban's ruled (mid 80s).

Congratulations on the new Lonestar. Once you’ve owned a truck you’ll wonder how you got along without one.

HannibalofCarthage

Reaction score
Welcome, nice truck and I agree that trying them out if you don’t want to get one is a bad idea... ask me how I know. First Mopar was a ‘69 Dodge Dart.

LOL I knew it was a mistake as soon as I hopped in it, but i don't regret it one bit.

HannibalofCarthage

Reaction score
Welcome. Ironically, one of the few times I’ve not owned a truck we’re my years in Texas. Back then, Suburban's ruled (mid 80s).

Congratulations on the new Lonestar. Once you’ve owned a truck you’ll wonder how you got along without one.

Thanks......I'm not sure i could ever drive a car again willingly. (with 1 exception, I have a 74 Plymouth Duster i'm trying to get back rolling again)

Users who are viewing this thread