5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

96 month loan

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramhead

Reaction score
Might want to fix your title!

Why?...I like that option...that's like only 500 or 600 a year ($40 - 50 a month) for a 50 - 60K truck!! Might be hard to get an extended warranty to cover it, though....oh...and to get one that isn't a pile of bolts and rust by the end of the term.

Jared43758

Reaction score
M
Why?...I like that option...that's like only 500 or 600 a year ($40 - 50 a month) for a 50 - 60K truck!! Might be hard to get an extended warranty to cover it, though....oh...and to get one that isn't a pile of bolts and rust by the end of the term.

Might be the only way a average guy could afford it

Jared43758

Reaction score
I plan to get a Cummins and not put over 12k a year on it. Drive not on the hard side and do good maintenance, as I went to school for it. Should take to long to not be upside down on it

Jared43758

Reaction score
That’s why I don’t buy a used one. They cost so much used. I test drove a hemi and Cummins 2019 2500 as the dealer didn’t have the 3500 I wanted. I like to have the payload, as I haul gravel and firewood and water and lumber and whatever. The 2500 with the diesel only has a 2490 payload. Crewcab

Jared43758

Reaction score
I haven’t drove the 18’s vs the 19’s. I can save a ton buying a 18, but, I haven’t drove them, I need a quiet interior well atleast decent because I have a autistic daughter that has sensitive hearing. I know the 19 was super quite and super nice. I don’t know how the 18 compares I hated the hemi in comparison, the truck ticked when first started, and it hesitated every take off and the mpg was terrible.

BlackBeauty14

Reaction score
You dont want to do that guy. The total intrest paid over the life of the loan kills you. I did one 84 month loan and wont ever do it again. 72 months is the max I would go. U can go somewhere like penfed.org and use there auto calculator to see how much more total interest is paid between a 72 month and 84 month loan. 96 month would be even worse but they are available out there.

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This thread is almost 2 years old and the member hasn't been on in over a year. Pretty sure he's made his decision by now guys....
full

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This thread is almost 2 years old and the member hasn't been on in over a year. Pretty sure he's made his decision by now guys....
full
Who cares if it is two years old…it’s more applicable today than it was two years ago. Have you seen the price of 2500/3500 diesels and the lack of negotiability? I’d never do it but 96 months isn’t out of the realm of comprehension if prices keep increasing…

tidefan1967

Reaction score
I don't know how relevant it is. From what I've seen in my short time here its mostly rich guys on this forum since we spend half the time talking about Audi, Land Rover, Mercedes, Tesla, etc stuff I wouldn't be caught dead in as a lifetime domestic truck guy. I just assumed most of these guys just wrote a check for the full amount and didn't give it a second thought.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I don't know how relevant it is. From what I've seen in my short time here its mostly rich guys on this forum since we spend half the time talking about Audi, Land Rover, Mercedes, Tesla, etc stuff I wouldn't be caught dead in as a lifetime domestic truck guy. I just assumed most of these guys just wrote a check for the full amount and didn't give it a second thought.
Fair share of former "poor" guys who worked hard, saved, drove "hand grenades" early on, finally can afford a new vehicle, appreciate what they have, want to know more about their Ram and enjoy the "conversation" on the 5th Gen Forum.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It's inspiring to see folks who've worked hard, saved, and now get to enjoy a new vehicle like a Ram. Being part of the conversation on the 5th Gen Forum is a great way to connect with others who share the same passion and learn more about their vehicles.
Well, you're obviously a robot. Please respond with something uniquely human...soon...or you're going to be banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread