5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

911 request - gas tank vandalism

Brian2021

Reaction score
Guys - Need to tap from the well of Ram Truck knowledge. I have 2021 Ram 1500 Limited with a capless tank. Found out that someone thru a security camera put something into my gas tank! This happed about 4:30am PST. Being overly proactive. As I write this the vehicle is getting towed to a Dealer in San Diego to have them investigate for other damage in addition to a potentially poisoned gas tank. Police called and filed a report. Vehicle has NOT been started. Person in video was sneaky and covered my cameras and was just barely out of view (no facial details) but i did catch some activity but not enough for the police to take action. Kind of freaking out and taking a tactical approach. On Amazon now: Ordered a Trail cam, vibration sensor for the gas cap/door, and another camera for less obvious surveillance. Searched the web and could not find any locking gas cap solution. Appreciate any constructive advice.

n8zcc

Reaction score
Searched the web and could not find any locking gas cap solution.
You are asking for a "gas" cap but if you have the ED, Geno's has a locking fuel cap. I don't know about locking gas caps on the gassers. Do gassers also have a capless fill?

2020GCM

Reaction score

RedFred

Reaction score
Wow! Good thing you caught it on the camera and knew not to start the truck. Keep us updated if the dealer finds anything.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It's hard to actually put anything inside the gas tank unless they used a long funnel to bypass the double flap system.

Just using your fingers and trying to put foreign debris inside the gas tank won't work.

Hopefully the dealership will be able to inspect it and find out if they put anything in there.

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You are lucky some methhead didn't just crawl under and drill the tank to drain it. Or cut off the DPF think it was a catalytic convertor.

Brian2021

Reaction score
It's hard to actually put anything inside the gas tank unless they used a long funnel to bypass the double flap system.

Just using your fingers and trying to put foreign debris inside the gas tank won't work.

Hopefully the dealership will be able to inspect it and find out if they put anything in there.
After a few calls, I think it may be a former GF (from like 4 mo. ago), new BF. Fack!

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A viper style alarm with mega airhorn attached to it to scare the **** out of the coward the next time he tries it or anyone else.

yankeefan31569

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Efffn Eco Climate nutjob, id wait up every night till he shows, then id have to do what i have to do to that coward.

Brian2021

Reaction score
Do you mind sharing how you narrowed it down? Sounds like a fun story.
Yea... too much nonsense to deal with at my age. It hurts my brain to relive that past memory. Now it is becoming a thing and the Po Po have to be brought in to put the fear of baby Jesus into him.

Users who are viewing this thread