5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

-81 offset on orp air-ride with level??

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Last thing I’ll say about this, you’re missing the point to my post. Besides me not liking it:

A leveling kit and 14” wheels isn’t a build. It’s a hacked up truck.

As I said, wide wheels belong on lifted trucks. That’s what they were designed for. Not to be shoe horned into a fender well.

It’s not really a matter of opinion, it’s not the same thing as saying the wheels are ugly or they would have been Better black. It’s about facts. They don’t belong on there, as evidenced by the fact they don’t fit. It’s one thing to trim a valance or edge or hammer back a cab corner, but cutting chunks of the truck off to clear a wheel that doesn’t fit is just stupid.

You used to get on forums for advice and education, this is both. I gave some opinions on the example trucks I posted, but I was trying to get my point across about where wide wheels belong. And now Days its like everything else “it’s ok to be different even it’s wrong”.

And another issue is that there’s now a bunch of non truck guys in the truck forums doing all kinds of stuff that just isn’t good. Instead of seeing actual build threads, it’s just people slapping on wheels and a bed cover and calling it a build. It’s frustrating to see something you love and have been doing your whole life being ruined by “change” and a lack of understanding or appreciating whats actually going on. A lot of the guys on GMFS with killer trucks don’t even post anymore, which is sad.

1300 pages over YEARS of posts of killer trucks. You can find a lot of good examples of how wide wheels should be run in this thread. This style is essentially why wide wheels exist and became popular, before everyone was just tossing them onto anything.

OP I would suggest you get ready to really hack this truck up without a size able lift.

Side note:
all the other vehicles Nuc posted look good. But none of them feel forced, like these giant wheels/tires on your current truck do.

Last edited:

nicodywill

Reaction score
Last thing I’ll say about this, you’re missing the point to my post. Besides me not liking it:
As I said, wide wheels belong on lifted trucks. That’s what they were designed for. Not to be shoe horned into a fender well.
It’s not really a matter of opinion, it’s not the same thing as saying the wheels are ugly or they would have been Better black. It’s about facts. They don’t belong on there, as evidenced by the fact they don’t fit. It’s one thing to trim a valance or edge or hammer back a cab corner, but cutting chunks of the truck off to clear a wheel that doesn’t fit is just stupid.
You used to get on forums for advice and education, this is both. I gave some opinions on the example trucks I posted, but I was trying to get my point across about where wide wheels belong. And now Days its like everything else “it’s ok to be different even it’s wrong”.
And another issue is that there’s now a bunch of non truck guys in the truck forums doing all kinds of stuff that just isn’t good. Instead of seeing actual build threads, it’s just people slapping on wheels and a bed cover and calling it a build. It’s frustrating to see something you love and have been doing your whole life being ruined by “change” and a lack of understanding or appreciating whats actually going on. A lot of the guys on GMFS with killer trucks don’t even post anymore, which is sad.
1300 pages over YEARS of posts of killer trucks. You can find a lot of good examples of how wide wheels should be run in this thread. This style is essentially why wide wheels exist and became popular, before everyone was just tossing them onto anything.
OP I would suggest you get ready to really hack this truck up without a size able lift.
Side note:all the other vehicles Nuc posted look good. But none of them feel forced, like these giant wheels/tires on your current truck do.

old.jpg

this is a tough look... "It’s not really a matter of opinion" then proceeds to drop a novel of a post CHOCK FULL of opinions lol.

How you gonna demean someone who cut (or is considering cutting) on their pickup to get something to fit and then wax poetic about the good old days and link a GM thread?
GM guys have been doing norcals for years to get **** to fit in the square fender wells (some of which is in the exact thread you just posted lol)?

The OP said he's looking at a 5" RC lift with 35's/14 wides... it'll be fine and luckily if you don't like it you don't have to drive it, or even look at it lol.

Dontfront82

Reaction score

Side note:
all the other vehicles Nuc posted look good. But none of them feel forced, like these giant wheels/tires on your current truck do.

K

Nucdancer01

Reaction score
The only fact I can give, is that I would have to make more severe, non-reversible “cuts” to my truck to fit a lift kit than what I have done to fit my setup now.

It looks stuffed in entry/exit mode, otherwise looks very similar to most trucks in my area (near Nashville), and is almost completely reversible.

Again-not upset with what you’ve said.

I just have a different opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A10

Reaction score
Silver surfer, none of your “facts” will change how people do their own thing. Everyone is just enjoying their own definition of truck culture. Like it or not, people are going to “build” trucks their own way.

Nuc, I love your truck! I actually prefer the big wheel non-lifted look. If I could, I would get that Any-Level lift setup and have the best of both worlds!!!

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I can’t stand for someone to try to tell another grown person what to do with their ****... Hell, who even asked for his “OG” opinion. Some folks feel it is their duty to try to force their opinions on others even when its junk that has nothing to do with them

Reactions: A10

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Silver surfer, none of your “facts” will change how people do their own thing. Everyone is just enjoying their own definition of truck culture. Like it or not, people are going to “build” trucks their own way.

That’s a good way to phrase it, what I’m saying is there is no “truck” culture in these builds and it’s really that simple.

But instead of even processing what I’m saying, it’s just people being butt hurt that someone didn’t just agree and encourage whatever was posted. It’s a forum, you post and you get responses. You obviously don’t seem to care what I said, judging by your response, and you can obviously do whatever the H you want, no one (including me if you actually read my post) is trying to say you can’t.

Thanks for not over reacting, enjoy your wheels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online