5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

8.4 uconnect with NAV alfaodb settings (solved)

ericcloe

Reaction score
Can anyone let me know all the settings for the 8.4 with nav. I have swapped the unit from my 5" that has Sirius. All seems to be working besides the volume knob and tube knob and the auto climate control knobs. Also the backup camera is still blue saying unavailable. I can control the temp and stations through the display but can't turn the volume up or down since the knobs are not working. Any assistance would be appreciated in getting this fixed. I do have the splitter between the screen and the temp controls made by Jimmy07. The radio has been in a couple days so not sure if I should have everything working from the switch now or not.

Here are the settings I put in with alfaodb
Choose ram 2500 (DJ/DR)

Choose body computer select body control module my 2019 or 2020.

Choose Car configuration change. Go almost all the way down the list till you come to

Cab Net ICS integrated center stack. Click it and enable it.

Scroll down a couple and click on Cabin Net DCSD display screen module and enable it.

If you cant get AC to work move to next step

Now for hvac controls.

Connect again to body control module go to car configuration then vehicle config 3 HVAC (found only hvac 2 and enabled)

Select value tab : dual zone ATC .

Hit start. And done

Note: sometimes it take a few times driving for sirus radio and back up camera to start working again.

ericcloe

Reaction score
I have a 2019 ram 2500 tradesman btw. Has the 6.4 hemi.

ericcloe

Reaction score
Does anyone have their ODB logs they can share with me for a 2500 with the 8.4 NAV so I can compare settings with mine. You can remove your vin if you are worried about that.

ericcloe

Reaction score
Anyone able to help. Someone has had to go from a 5" uconnect 3 in a 2019+ to a 8.4 4c with Nav. I have been working on this for 4 days now. I have everything working besides the volume on radio stations and the backup camera and the automatic climate control buttons. I can control everything from the screen besides the volume. I have audio through the speakers when I get a call and do navigation but radio is silent. I added the audio controls to the steering wheel yesterday and it didn't help. Someone please help me out. I have been working with Jimmy through pms but still no luck. Also I am in Terre Haute Indiana if anyone wants to help me troubleshoot it lol.

ericcloe

Reaction score
Ok after messing with it for a week I finally have it working fine. The wiring harness I received had some pins in the wrong position for the physical climate control knobs. After fixing the wiring it is working correctly. The setttings I posted at the top are the correct settings for the 8.4 with NAV through alfaODB.

Users who are viewing this thread