5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

8.4 UConnect Software Update broke my Navigation

Echance01

Reaction score
My 2019 Ram 8.4 UConnect screen has recently started freezing and restarting randomly. Took it into the dealership and they said they needed to update the software. They upadtated the software from a version in the 20’s to 39.6.0. Since the update, the navigation screen won’t load and my clock won’t load by using GPS. Took it back in and they said I need a new UConnect system. Anyone have any thoughts? Or had a similar experience?

parnine

Reaction score
Well per TSB 08-138-21 that clearly states if the radio is not updated correclty the radio may be damage and may need to be replaced, so maybe they screwed up the update and trashed your system, and so now yes it needs to be replaced. If that is the case it would all be on them and their incompetence.

Echance01

Reaction score
That is exactly the TSB number they said they performed. I figured they screwed something up but was given some BS answer that the radio was going bad and the new software had helped uncover it. Lol.
They called me this morning saying the new radio is on order and will be covered under warranty. Out of curiosity I asked them how much the repair would have cost out of warranty… $1600.

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Was given an out of warranty parts quote with a re-furbished radio for $485.00 plus tax. (I was going to do the swapping out my self)
Also got a second quote if I did not turn in a core, that was $1345.00. The parts lady emphasized that, either way, this is NOT going to be a new, out of box radio but a refurb. matched to my VIN.
You might wonder why I would want to keep the original radio... it has free "something" going on 4th year, only thing messed up is the NAV and WiFi.

Users who are viewing this thread