5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

8.4 UConnect says “please wait...”

Mr. Hindsight

Reaction score
I couldn’t seem to find any related threads regarding this but as the title says, it seems to take quite some time to load the sxm stations. When it does load, their isn’t any artwork at first. I know with my previous Charger you could hold down on the top right of the screen to reset it but that doesn’t seem to work on this generations.
F6E00950-07A0-4890-ACE6-31E5708A8A18.jpeg

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Is trying disconnecting the negative terminal for 30 minutes. Reconnect and leave it for a couple of hours. See if it resets. If not, try asking xm to send a refresh. After that, off to the dealer for a flash

bigcitymike

Reaction score
I couldn’t seem to find any related threads regarding this but as the title says, it seems to take quite some time to load the sxm stations. When it does load, their isn’t any artwork at first. I know with my previous Charger you could hold down on the top right of the screen to reset it but that doesn’t seem to work on this generations.
View attachment 46086
Did you ever figure out what resolves this? My 2019 3500 does this randomly as well (when powering/turning on the truck). It can take anywhere from 20 seconds to over a minute stuck on this screen before the SXM channel loads. When it's on this screen, you can't choose anything else in Uconnect either. Really random. It may freeze like this 2 -4 times in a row while starting it from it being off, to every now and then. Really random with no pattern.

Mr. Hindsight

Reaction score
Did you ever figure out what resolves this? My 2019 3500 does this randomly as well (when powering/turning on the truck). It can take anywhere from 20 seconds to over a minute stuck on this screen before the SXM channel loads. When it's on this screen, you can't choose anything else in Uconnect either. Really random. It may freeze like this 2 -4 times in a row while starting it from it being off, to every now and then. Really random with no pattern.

I haven’t figured it out. Still does it often. I didn’t even bother mentioning it to the dealer. I did notice last week when it was doing it, I switched to regular radio and the signal switched immediately. It must be the satellite radio taking forever to receive a signal.

Cyberdoog

Reaction score
I haven’t figured it out. Still does it often. I didn’t even bother mentioning it to the dealer. I did notice last week when it was doing it, I switched to regular radio and the signal switched immediately. It must be the satellite radio taking forever to receive a signal.
Have you figured this out yet? I just bought a 2021 1500 Bighorn CC and have not yet got the SXM radio to get beyond this “please wait” message. Also radion ID number is not displayed in settings

Users who are viewing this thread