5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

8.4 uconnect navigation called it quits?

Bryan1242

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
So when i go into my nav try to search an address or even just view the map it says location unknown like its offline or something anyone have anyclues as to how to reset the nav or anything any help greatly appreciated!

Truck is all update software wise according to driveuconnect.com
20210921_064936.jpg

Last edited:

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
So when i go into my nav try to search an address or even just view the map it says location unknown like its offline or something anyone have anyclues as to how to reset the nav or anything any help greatly appreciated!

Truck is all update software wise according to driveuconnect.com
View attachment 106023
Looks like your WiFi is out also. I have no nav. (zero satellites received) or WiFi, someone here commented that they had to have the radio replaced.

Last edited:

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Do you still have a rear view camera? I lost 1 1/2 years of destinations and my rear view camera, came back the next day. I did not have anything on my screen.

350TX

Reaction score
I had my radio replaced under warranty when the nav was putting my actual location somewhere miles away. I cannot remember exactly how far off it was at first but over time would incrementally get worse. A few times it showed me in the Gulf of Mexico! I took it to the service center and they ran some diagnostics, even went as far as getting in touch with FCA engineering, and determined the radio needed replacement. I also subscribe to 4G wireless and it was not functioning either. It took several months to get a new radio since it was on back order. The new radio has been good for about a year now. It’s the only problem I ever had with the truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I had my radio replaced under warranty when the nav was putting my actual location somewhere miles away. I cannot remember exactly how far off it was at first but over time would incrementally get worse. A few times it showed me in the Gulf of Mexico! I took it to the service center and they ran some diagnostics, even went as far as getting in touch with FCA engineering, and determined the radio needed replacement. I also subscribe to 4G wireless and it was not functioning either. It took several months to get a new radio since it was on back order. The new radio has been good for about a year now. It’s the only problem I ever had with the truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My NAV puts me somewhere off the coast of Delaware... Out of warranty so might just stick with WAZE that is hands down better anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread