5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

8.4 Radio, anyone have removal pictures or Schematicd?

WRH

Reaction score
I'm still trying to find a way to upgrade the audio in my 6 speaker Bighorm. It's a nightmare. I'm reaching here, but I'm wondering if there are other outputs available on the back of the radio or in the harness. The front and rear feeds from the radio that feed to the ANC module under the seat are not giving me feeds I can work with. Trying to track down why and what to do about it... I don't even think a high end DSP can fix these issues.

D

Deleted member 85

I'm still trying to find a way to upgrade the audio in my 6 speaker Bighorm. It's a nightmare. I'm reaching here, but I'm wondering if there are other outputs available on the back of the radio or in the harness. The front and rear feeds from the radio that feed to the ANC module under the seat are not giving me feeds I can work with. Trying to track down why and what to do about it... I don't even think a high end DSP can fix these issues.
FCA loves to lock their vehicle's options down by VIN and make certain upgrades extremely difficult. A shop in my town has the ability to connect amps/subs to the existing Uconnect, however, my service department will just tell us it cannot be done.

WRH

Reaction score
I would love to jail break my truck ;)

warmachine

Reaction score

There are no other preouts on the factory radios. You’ll need a LOC or an amp with speaker level inputs

WRH

Reaction score
Yeah, the speaker level inputs doesn't do any good in my testing so far. The DSR1 has speaker level and sounds bad. Could be the DSR1... but based on my tests I'd be surprised. I'll try a few other things though to make sure. I think I need a high end DSP that is designed to fix crap like this. And I need some bass added where the damn radio cuts it off. Huge mistake getting a truck with the base stereo...

Brrryan

Reaction score
While the Alpine does sound good, it too lacks in certain areas in my opinion. For that reason I stuck with the 6 speaker with the intention of upgrading down the line. Definitely interested to see how you tackle this project...good luck!

Reactions: WRH

WRH

Reaction score
Yay, I'm not alone. we need an army of us to figure this one out...

Users who are viewing this thread