5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

8.4 non nav to nav

Ochoa1801

Reaction score
Who has been able to connect 8.4 nav. I've been watching the infotainment videos. And you need an adapter that converts the climate control signal, which is a single wire, to double wire. This would connect climate control and climate control screen. Has anyone been successful at this?

Thanks

cdn_cowboy

Reaction score
I've been trying to figure this out since I bought my 2015 Ram... still no success and now moving onto a 2021 Ram and still refusing to get the NAV and only getting the 8.4 because I prefer having actual buttons.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Just a note (and if it makes you feel better), the factory NAV software is garbage compared to the Google Maps on your phone, I don't even use it sucks so bad compared to Google. The only positive for me with the NAV 8.4" is that the bezel is a gloss black, similar to the 12" screen which makes the screen look larger than it is. Otherwise, I rather have saved the money on the non-NAV version and wrapped the satin bezel a different color or faux carbon fiber.

Jako

Reaction score
Just a note (and if it makes you feel better), the factory NAV software is garbage compared to the Google Maps on your phone, I don't even use it sucks so bad compared to Google. The only positive for me with the NAV 8.4" is that the bezel is a gloss black, similar to the 12" screen which makes the screen look larger than it is. Otherwise, I rather have saved the money on the non-NAV version and wrapped the satin bezel a different color or faux carbon fiber.
I have to second that. Nav puts me on local streets, crapped out and wiped out 1 1/2 yrs of contacts and I take my motorcycle Garmin with me many times. I do like the bezel though expensive.

Condor757

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I use the factory Nav every now and then. Has worked perfectly for me, I’m glad I have it.

ZombieSlayer

Reaction score
I've had no issues with the factory nav, since I've moved out of state I've been using it quite a bit.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
It's not that the factory NAV doesn't work, it does work, it just not as efficient or easy to use as Google Maps. Especially when entering a destination, it's lightyears behind Google Maps.

If I had no other choice, it's perfectly usable.

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just got a 2020 ecodiesel and it came with NAV, it’s something I would never order though. I always used CarPlay on my last truck and it’s a lot easier to use and a nicer platform IMO

Ochoa1801

Reaction score
It's better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it

highgear2005

Reaction score
I hate the nav! I just plug my phone in and use Waze. I agree the gloss trim is the best feature on nav

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread