5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

8.4 Navigation Map Latest Update

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
If you do not like the Ram Navigation System please put it in this thread:

If you want to put that you prefer Android Auto, Apple Car Play, Google Maps or Waze put it this thread:

This thread is for the 8.4 Nav Map Update

Ordered the map update from:
The services provided to you on this site (i.e., your purchase of a product and related fulfillment services) are not provided by your auto manufacturer, but rather by HERE North America, LLC, 425 West Randolph Street, Chicago, Illinois, 60606, USA, an independent company.

HERE contacted me via email with an offer of $99+tax, free shipping (normally $149+tax+shp), offer was good till August 15th. Decided to go for it and give it a try. You need to go into dealer mode on the Uconnect Radio to gather information to order the correct update. This is done by pressing the 2 outer "apps" (e.g. nav, media , settings, climate) and holding for 10 seconds or so. Depending on your UConnect software, you may need a software update along with a map update, both will be included. I was fortunate as I only needed the map update (software version: USA-SBX-8.4-QR-39.6.0-20210405-Q0H4).

Ordered on August 14th, received it on August 18th, (y) to HERE on the delivery and started the process.
It is not that difficult but requires an "Activation Code".
BUT to get the Activation Code you must first get a "Request Code".
Simple process, just install the USB drive and follow the directions to receive the Request Code.
With the Request Code you log onto the internet at Navigation Map Updates | Activate Product | HERE to get the Activation Code
Tried that and it did not recognize my code, started a chat and said I was next and then no one was available and to try again ( :eek: more like WTF)(n) to HERE.
HOWEVER, HERE gives you a Customer Service Center phone number 1-866-422-8182 AND someone (you can understand in Wisconsin) ANSWERS the phone.
That gets (y) (y) (y)(y)(y), 1st for the phone, 2nd for answering, 3rd for being in the USA, 4th for understanding the person and 5th for solving the issues.
The lady (emphasis on lady) was very pleasant so much so that it reminded me of back in the day a woman and lady were the same. Hell, today a SCOTUS judge can't even define what a woman is ( :eek: :eek: double WTF).
So I give Here a 6 out of 7 on the (y)s up scale.

The map software is updated with the latest version (4th Q 2021). I have not had a chance to test it out.

Note:
1. It took 30 minutes to install the software this is while the vehicle is stationary and running after getting the activation code.
2. yes - It is now the 3rd quarter of 2023 and the update is dated 4th Q of 2021.

I was not very happy with the original map software (2nd Q 2017) HOPEFULLY this corrects any former issues. If it doesn't it wouldn't be the first time throwing good money to bad on a vehicle, c'est la vie.

Attachments

• Ram 8.4 Nav Map Update Aug 2023 old.jpg
    Ram 8.4 Nav Map Update Aug 2023 old.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 12
  • Ram 8.4 Nav Map Update Aug 2023 new.jpg
    Ram 8.4 Nav Map Update Aug 2023 new.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread