5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

8.4 Inch Screen Protector

JH911

Reaction score
I am not finding screen protectors for the 8.4-inch screen. Has anyone found them?

_StangPGH

Reaction score
Looks like a bunch on Amazon

Edit, maybe not so clear cut. They advertise 8.4" but may not be exact fit.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

JH911

Reaction score
I saw 12-inch, but not 8.4. I will search again.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score

GermanDreams

Reaction score
This is the one I bought , it fits great and looks amazing. There was a couple bubbles but went away by the next morning.

_StangPGH

Reaction score
There is another post with the Amazon link on here recently, but if you click the link, you can select 12 or 8.4:

Thanks for the heads up. I got this one and installed in under 5 minutes. Perfect fit with about a 1mm gap all around. I cheated mine down a little to completely cover the row of buttons at the bottom of the screen.

Crystal clear and no loss of touch response. If you get any bubbles take your microfiber and gently rub in circles behind it working to the closest edge.
bf0857847b917316e77139df26a36bce.jpg

gopher_ram

Reaction score
So I got my screen protector from amazon today and I was a little worried about how removable these things are down the road.

The broken English instructions talk about using a q-tip and soap to remove the protector. Does anyone know if in the long run these things will be hard to remove?

_StangPGH

Reaction score
I've used the same type on phones for years and they always pull right off leaving nothing behind.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've got the LFOTPP one also and it's great. I had to pry up a little as I applied to make sure I got the bubbles out and no problem.

I didn't read the instructions for removal but it looks like you would just peel up a corner then slowly lift the protector off. If there was any residue some glass(es) cleaner should easily take it off.

rrbhokies

Reaction score
I've got the LFOTPP one also and it's great. I had to pry up a little as I applied to make sure I got the bubbles out and no problem.

I didn't read the instructions for removal but it looks like you would just peel up a corner then slowly lift the protector off. If there was any residue some glass(es) cleaner should easily take it off.
I got this one off Amazon but haven't installed it yet. With yours did it help at all with glare?

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It helped a bit. There's still a little glare but not as bad as the unit's touch screen.

Users who are viewing this thread