5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

8.4 inch - how to check for available update

metb4

Reaction score
Anyone know how to check for an available update on the 8.4 inch? I can't find my software version number either. I think I read that that functionality had been deleted. Thanks!

19RamLimited

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There is no way. There is not a check for update and the link is useless on the newer Panasonic radios. They are doing OTA only. If there is an update for your truck then you will be notified on screen. If you miss it then it will notify again. They pop up when you turn the ignition OFF and before you open the door

Ram Guru
Reaction score
... They are doing OTA only. If there is an update for your truck then you will be notified on screen. If you miss it then it will notify again. They pop up when you turn the ignition OFF and before you open the door
Be aware that the first update took 20 minutes.

metb4

Reaction score
I hope they update mine soon. Super buggy. Pretty much every time I start the truck Sirius starts up, even though I was just listening to a USB drive. Then when I switch to the USB, it starts at the same song every time and shuffle is turned off. Getting a little bit annoying

nlindste

Reaction score
There is no way. There is not a check for update and the link is useless on the newer Panasonic radios. They are doing OTA only. If there is an update for your truck then you will be notified on screen. If you miss it then it will notify again. They pop up when you turn the ignition OFF and before you open the door
That is only for the units with NAV unfortunately the trucks without NAV do not get the OTA updates because there is no data to the radio.

metb4

Reaction score
That is only for the units with NAV unfortunately the trucks without NAV do not get the OTA updates because there is no data to the radio.
So I would have to bring the truck in to get an update?

nlindste

Reaction score
So I would have to bring the truck in to get an update?
I believe so, I actually have an appointment tomorrow morning at the dealership to address some of the bugs which are fixed by the software update. I will let you know what they say about updates.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't like that I check every other day, KNOWING that most other owners have more up to date software and the website and staff on the phone say there is no update for me. Pathetic.

metb4

Reaction score
I believe so, I actually have an appointment tomorrow morning at the dealership to address some of the bugs which are fixed by the software update. I will let you know what they say about updates.
Please do let me know what you find out. Thanks so much!

96Dodge4x4

CDJR Technician
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Radio updates are something owners can do on your own, all you need is a computer and a clear flash drive. The website even gives instructions on how to do it.

metb4

Reaction score
Radio updates are something owners can do on your own, all you need is a computer and a clear flash drive. The website even gives instructions on how to do it.
Oh nice. Can you please post the web address. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread