5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

7 Pin Trickle Charging

intelligence209

Reaction score
Question: I have a 2020 Rebel 1500, factory installed harness, does it trickle charge the trailer battery? I'm almost certain it does not.

Can't find much online about it, seems maybe others have a similar issue.

Is there a fuse I have to remove or replace.
I'm looking at fuses F08-F12.
Maybe a modification of any kind I have to do? Any information is much appreciated thanks.

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have interior lights in my enclosed trailer that get powered by the truck, didn’t have to add a fuse or anything like I did with my old gmc.

upwindstorm

Reaction score
it does but almost so little it would take days to charge a good size battery from dead. i had my camper battery go dead boon docking. backed the pickup up and hooked the 7pin up and let the pickup "charge" while idling for around 45 minutes. after i shut the pickup off i only had the radio in the camper gently playing music for about another half hour before it shut off again. turned the pickup around and used jumper cables to charge the battery back up.

intelligence209

Reaction score
Thanks guys for the reply. I'll find out this weekend if my trickle charges the battery.
Basically all I want is a full charged battery to remain fully charged when I'm on a long road trip with refrigerator usage.

I'll find out this weekend forsure since my battery is also new. Maybe I gotta check my pins

Users who are viewing this thread