5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

7 Pin Trailer Connector

Nibis

Reaction score
So, my wife forgot to unplug her horse trailer from the 7 pin connector on her truck and pulled it out of the bumper. The connector itself seems fine and still works, but will not stay in the bumper. Does anyone know what part I need to replace. It's a real PITA to disconnect the trailer now

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So, my wife forgot to unplug her horse trailer from the 7 pin connector on her truck and pulled it out of the bumper. The connector itself seems fine and still works, but will not stay in the bumper. Does anyone know what part I need to replace. It's a real PITA to disconnect the trailer now
You need her to buy this. All good.

Nibis

Reaction score

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
No, I want to replace whatever piece is broke on the bumper or step pad, the Stock 7 still works fine and the metal retaining clips are intact.
Looks like you need a new rear bumper step pad.
Is the plastic torn where the clips line up?

edit: took mine apart, looks like you need a new bumper if the clips are not damaged.
JB weld comes to mind...

Last edited:

Nibis

Reaction score
Looks like you need a new rear bumper step pad.
Is the plastic torn where the clips line up?

edit: took mine apart, looks like you need a new bumper if the clips are not damaged.
JB weld comes to mind...
I guess it's hard to tell if it's the step pad, or the bumper, whatever the clips on the connector snap into is broke. I was hoping it was just the step pad.

Nibis

Reaction score
Looks like you need the Step Pad, number 6 in the diagram.
I took a closer look and it's the inner part of the bumper, but I don't think they sell just that part

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread