5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

7 Pin Connecter - Current Limiter?

Skyflyer

Reaction score
Pulling an RV with a standard lead acid battery and when plugged into my RAM through the 7 pin connecter the battery gets charged from the truck. I want to replace the lead acid battery with lithium but in order to connect it to the RAM I need to know if there's a current limiter on the RAM because the lithium battery can draw larger amounts of amperage and that can damage the alternator. Does anyone know if the RAM 7 pin connector has a current limiter? (My RAM is a 2015 Express...yes, I know this is a 5th gen forum, but I no longer have my 5th gen RAM)

Skyflyer

Reaction score
The fuse should blow when it’s amperage is exceeded.
Yes, but if the current isn't regulated it will blow the fuse every time I use it. Is the current limited through the 7 pin connector?

tjcart

Reaction score
You'll likely have to put an inline DC-DC charger that is designed for lithium ion batteries.

Users who are viewing this thread