5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

7" EVIC Engine Hours Programming

Swetch85

Reaction score
Has anyone been able to program their idle and total hours after swapping their evic to the 7" display? I have a 2021 1500 and I got the odometer updated but every time I run through the process for engine hours it says process completed but doesn't update the hours. I've used android and pc version of alfaobd with same results.

Undaground

Reaction score
Unfortunately, many have had this issue including myself. I spent hours scouring the internet and YouTube looking for ways to do this but I gave up. Some people state that they were able to get it to work with the PC version I was just using Alpha OBD on an Android but after many hours of trying different ways including switching over to ACC it never worked for me. I will have my eyes on this post in case anybody else was able to get it to work.

N7GZN

Reaction score
I think on the AlfaObd website, I read that changing hours on the evic is highly problematic with a wireless dongle; best results are with a usb cable hardwired connection. Might be found under faqs.

Users who are viewing this thread