5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

7 alignments <2k miles, all out of alignment after 1 day

Streetsweeper

Reaction score
As the title shows, I've had 7 alignments. Each time the wheel is off-center after 1-2 days. I live in Michigan & the roads are $h*t, could this be why?

I find it odd, even on bad roads, that a truck suspension cannot put up with abuse & maintain alignment.

19xx miles on the truck

Any ideas?

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Doesn't sound right to me. Hell I've driven trucks through real rough stuff, forget about potholes, and not needed alignments. Who is doing the alignment and who is determining it is out of alignment? Maybe they have the wheel screwed up on the steering shaft.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The reason that I ask is my first dealership di my alignment and it was crap. Took it to Goodyear of all places and had it done, and it’s been spot on since June of 2018..

john94si

Reaction score
This was the same on my 2014 ram.. i never got it fixed.. i just lived with it for 75k miles and traded for my 19.

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
As the title shows, I've had 7 alignments. Each time the wheel is off-center after 1-2 days. I live in Michigan & the roads are $h*t, could this be why?

I find it odd, even on bad roads, that a truck suspension cannot put up with abuse & maintain alignment.

19xx miles on the truck

Any ideas?
I live near Detroit, 22,500 miles, never been in for any alignments.

airgas1998

Reaction score
get it road force balanced on the hunter machine...find an alignment shop who specializes in this as they do this **** all day long. yes i know, out of pocket pay, but look where it's currently got you going the warranty route...

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
get it road force balanced on the hunter machine...find an alignment shop who specializes in this as they do this **** all day long. yes i know, out of pocket pay, but look where it's currently got you going the warranty route...

I agree. One or two alignments at the most, Seven is excessive. Something is wrong. (n) Pay to have it done elsewhere than the dealer.

Streetsweeper

Reaction score
8000 miles now, more alignments, steering wheel drifts off center after a day or 2. in lemon law process.

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
8000 miles now, more alignments, steering wheel drifts off center after a day or 2. in lemon law process.
My apologies if this appears to be a silly question, but there's no vehicle detail listed for you. Is this vehicle a Ram 1500, or a 2500?

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 17 July 2018. Now at: 033149 miles.

Users who are viewing this thread