5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

6in RC with 37s nose high?

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
LOL at leaving the spacers out. It would actually be easy to forget them I suppose, but when you say the truck down you would immediately notice. The fact they didn’t is a bit scary.

Looks good!

Ironwill

Reaction score
Very nice. How does it drive with the 37's?
It rides as you’d expect a truck with 37” tires. A lot higher and a little stiffer/bouncier but still pretty decent. I’m a fan of the Ridge Grappler ride. Power loss isn’t as significant as I thought it was going to be. The 3.92s probably help with that. I haven’t gotten a good feel for MPG loss yet but I’m sure it’s pretty significant on an already pretty terrible fuel efficient truck... Hoping to average above 10mpg... Looks bad a$$ though

Jbartlett

Reaction score
Well I just got the truck back, the guys at the shop apparently completely missed the rear coil spacers. I let them have it pretty good... How does that even happen?? It makes me question the integrity of the entire install... Anyways, truck looks much much better now. And they’ve assured me they double checked everything this time.
Badass lookin truck! I woulda been pissed too with them forgetting the rear coil spacers.. people amaze me when it comes to missing something so important like that. AND to think thats what they do for a living and didnt even notice it once the truck was what they thought "done". Looks great though when its done right lol

ant0064

Reaction score
Well I just got the truck back, the guys at the shop apparently completely missed the rear coil spacers. I let them have it pretty good... How does that even happen?? It makes me question the integrity of the entire install... Anyways, truck looks much much better now. And they’ve assured me they double checked everything this time.

Dude this truck looks awesome and I wasn't even considering Patriot Blue before..hmmm. Do you know if this voids the PowerTrain warranty since you went 3rd party on the lift.

Ironwill

Reaction score
Dude this truck looks awesome and I wasn't even considering Patriot Blue before..hmmm. Do you know if this voids the PowerTrain warranty since you went 3rd party on the lift.
Thanks! I wasn’t considering the patriot blue either, I usually go with white... my 3 year old son convinced me and now I’m loving it!

They would have to prove that the lift caused the issue to not cover something under warranty.

RamRebel19

Reaction score
HAHA How does one forget the rear spacer? I installed my lift myself and couldn't imagine leaving it out. And they didn't notice the extra parts when they were done? I would probably use a different shop in the future if something like this happened to me.

Ironwill

Reaction score
HAHA How does one forget the rear spacer? I installed my lift myself and couldn't imagine leaving it out. And they didn't notice the extra parts when they were done? I would probably use a different shop in the future if something like this happened to me.
Agreed... I was so irritated.. The owner of the shop told me the rear spacer was in a separate box that the installers never saw on the shelf. What do you think? I find that kind of hard to believe, do you remember it being in a separate box? Anyways - very doubtful I’ll use them again in the future. Shame because their a new shop here in a small town with good prices and I really wanted to like them.

RamRebel19

Reaction score
Agreed... I was so irritated.. The owner of the shop told me the rear spacer was in a separate box that the installers never saw on the shelf. What do you think? I find that kind of hard to believe, do you remember it being in a separate box? Anyways - very doubtful I’ll use them again in the future. Shame because their a new shop here in a small town with good prices and I really wanted to like them.
I went with Fabtech over issues I've had in the past with RC. Fabtech had everything boxed up pretty well. The front suspension parts were boxed up together for the most part and the rear parts were together. The only issue I had with Fabtech's packing was the hardware. Nothing was labeled or packed separate. There were like 4 bags with all of the hardware thrown in. I spent a good half hour or so measuring and labeling the hardware prior to the install. I was a service technician for GM a number of years ago before making the jump to working on aircraft. I have always unpacked everything and sorted it and checked for accuracy as well as making sure I have all parts before starting any install. I find it hard to believe that they would just unbox stuff as they go along or not check the inventory of the parts that are being installed. Also sounds like someone decided they knew more about the install and didn't need to follow the directions. I've done a lot of lifts and drops but still keep the instructions handy because they all vary from vehicle to vehicle. I personally wouldn't accept that excuse. They should refund some of the install cost for the improper install and you having to waste more time to bring it back to them. That was standard protocol at the dealerships I worked at if we screwed up.

Kadarnall

Reaction score
It seems like there is still a small sag in the back. Have you noticed this at all and does the kit allow you to adjust the fronts ride height? I like the stance of the stock truck and want to maintain it through my lift.

RamRebel19

Reaction score
It seems like there is still a small sag in the back. Have you noticed this at all and does the kit allow you to adjust the fronts ride height? I like the stance of the stock truck and want to maintain it through my lift.
There is no way to adjust the suspension. Not without changing out some components for shorter/taller spacers. You might be able to achieve a slight change of stance with some new upper control arms but then you run the risk of not having the alignment done properly. Mine also looked like it had a slight sag in the back for the first couple of days but after driving it for a bit, it settled and now everything is level.

Kadarnall

Reaction score
There is no way to adjust the suspension. Not without changing out some components for shorter/taller spacers. You might be able to achieve a slight change of stance with some new upper control arms but then you run the risk of not having the alignment done properly. Mine also looked like it had a slight sag in the back for the first couple of days but after driving it for a bit, it settled and now everything is level.
Nice. Guess I will wait for a coilover kit to come out.

Ajr

Reaction score
What does it measure now from the ground to the fenders on the front and rear

Users who are viewing this thread