5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

6110s ordered: 1.5-2in Top Hat Spacer Too Much?

Cbzr1107

Reaction score
Truck: 2020 non-ORP

I ordered a set of 6110s yesterday and planned on adding a 1/2in top hat spacer. That would net me roughly 3.1in higher up front (2.6in + 0.5).

I'll order the 5160s soon and I'm between adding the ICON 1.5in springs or the Clayton Gladiator 2.5in springs.

If I go with the 2.5in springs for the rear, that's like bringing my front up only 0.6in.

Would using a 1.5in or 2in top hat spacer up front with the 6110s be too much? Even the 2in top hat spacer would have it with just a hair of rake still. I don't want to affect the ride too much. Would the 2in top hat spacer lose too much travel on the front shocks?

As a note, I'm also ordering ICON UCAs.

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ve always read, here, and elsewhere, that stacking lift methods is not a good idea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cbzr1107

Reaction score
It seems a lot of people in here are running combination lifts. Do you have any links to what you mentioned? Just trying to read as much as I can before I order everything.

SurfRebel20

Reaction score
More than 3.5 up front will require a drop bracket lift. Your cv angles will be too steep and most likely brake lines would need to be extended.

Cbzr1107

Reaction score
SurfRebel20,

Even with the ORP, with your 6112s and the Motofab your still only at a net of 3.1in lift over a non-ORP correct? How much rake do you have currently with the Claytons on the back?

SurfRebel20

Reaction score
The lift numbers are different with the 6112s for non orp and orp trucks. Either way you shouldn't go more than 3.5 over stock. On setting 8 the 6112s only give orp trucks 2in of lift. I added the half in spacer so I gained 2.5in more than my already 1in from having the orp which is 3.5in over stock. You have a non orp so you'll gain 2.6in on clip 8 and adding another 2in spacer would put you at 4.6 inches which is well beyond the limits without going to a drop bracket

SurfRebel20

Reaction score
SurfRebel20,

Even with the ORP, with your 6112s and the Motofab your still only at a net of 3.1in lift over a non-ORP correct? How much rake do you have currently with the Claytons on the back?
I have roughly 2in of rake. Front is about 41in and rear is about 43 inches

Cbzr1107

Reaction score
Thanks for all the info. And I plan on sticking to the 3.5in ceiling.

I guess I'm just a little confused. I thought the ORP vs Non-ORP (your truck vs mine, stock)
was achieved through a combination of longer struts and springs.

If you replaced that with the 6110s and a 0.5in spacer, you lost that additional inch advantage you started with right?

I guess put another way, after I put on the 6110s and the 0.5in spacer, what would be the difference between your front end and mine?

Last edited:

SurfRebel20

Reaction score
If you set them to clip 8 with a 1/2in spacer our front ends should be the same depending on tire size. You had mentioned adding a 1.5in and 2in spacer to the 6112s though which would be way too high that's where my comments were focused. You would be fine with the 1/2in

Cbzr1107

Reaction score
👍Understood sir, thank you.

How are you liking the Clayton 2.5in in the rear?

Cbzr1107

Reaction score
Good deal. Thanks. I think I've got all my pieces figured out now just. Just going think a bit on which rear spring I want, the ICONs or Claytons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/