5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

60" l.E.D Brake Light Installed

Jdawgjax

Reaction score
60" LED 3rd brakelight installed. 3 row LED's. Bright Red upon braking, Yellow Sequential turn signal, and bright as the sun reverse light.
I love it!

lightbar_1.jpg
lightbar_2.jpg

Jdawgjax

Reaction score
WWW.GOODYLED.COM - i had a buddy who is a technician at a Chevy store install it for me. He hardwired it to the 7 pin trailer hitch for a clean install. Highly recommend going this route as opposed to using the 4 pin that comes with the light bar.

I do have a public service announcement concerning our trucks and this install however, the rear camera is hardwired just above where the bar sits, it means that the bar cannot be exactly centered above the bumper and below the tailgate. Also, there is a plastic mounting bracket that runs 3/4 across the width of the truck. Unless you get down eye level with the tailgate, you will never see it however for this install, it does mean that the ends of the bar are not flush with the truck and you must find some way to make them stick. I used gorilla glue super glue and it works perfectly! I did not know this when ordering and just wanted to pass along the information. Other than that, I am very happy. The bar is ridiculously bright and I feel it makes a huge difference in traffic and in tight quarter situations like parking lots etc... I use my truck to transport my 4 year old daughter and i have noticed that i have not had people ride my *** like they used to. I attribute this 100% to the light bar.

If you are thinking about doing it! DO IT! highly recommend.

LITTLEREBEL

Reaction score
I just ordered two for my trailer and one for my truck. Can you find out what color wires that he tapped into? Thanks

Jdawgjax

Reaction score
I just ordered two for my trailer and one for my truck. Can you find out what color wires that he tapped into? Thanks

I believe there is a diagram on the outside of the plug for the 7 pin, however I do know that there is one wire that runs to the 7 pin that has a constant draw and the light bar will be on even if the vehicle is off. We learned this the hard way. I will talk to him and find out what wires he tapped into. Hope you enjoy them! I know I do.

Users who are viewing this thread