5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

6" lift w/ 35's (pics)

Kevin C

Reaction score
I was driving by a local dealer today, and had to pull over. They have this 2019 with a 6" lift and 35's on the lot (adding $12K+ to the price with their add-on extras - typical dealer overreach). When I looked underneath, it appears that most of the lift is achieved from what might be a 4" spacer - they don't list the brand anywhere, and the salesman that walked out was completely clueless as to what was there.

Anyway, figured I would take a few pics and share. It does look good. Makes me really want to go to a 6" when we get some decent options available.

IMG_2842.jpg IMG_2842.jpg IMG_2843.jpg IMG_2841.jpg IMG_2844.jpg IMG_2845.jpg

jamesfg

Reaction score
Need pix of front suspension to see what is on there. No way you can safely lift these 6" with just a front puck spacer.

Kevin C

Reaction score
From what I could see, there seemed to be new upper AND lower arms. But I really didn't spend much time there to figure it out. Maybe if it is still there next time I'm in that area, I will try to get some more pics of underneath. I don't think the lift was ONLY from the spacer, but the spacer was huge.

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Pro comp, rough country or fabtech, hard to tell without seeing the front cross memeber. Front cradle drops the lower control arms and repositions the front diff. New knuckles correct the upper control arms and tie rods, spacer on the strut and probably some drop brackets for the front sway bar. Upper and lower control arms are stock the only thing replaced is the steering knuckles.

Last edited:

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
First thing I notice is the upper has the factory air ride sensor stump. Possible the aftermarket is starting to produce air ride compatible parts? Or was most of the lift achieved on the bottom end of the suspension? Because that UCA looks stock.

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Those are the stock upper control arms, all trucks have the stump. Notice how you can see where the ball joint attaches to the steering knuckle. This is because the replacement knuckle is 6 inches taller to compensate for lowering the lower control arm down 6 inches. Since 35 inch tires are 3 inches taller than the stock tires and only half of the 3 inches is on the top side of the wheel, the connection point of the upper ball joint is now exposed and no longer hidden behind the tire.

bgmshrm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Pro comp, rough country or fabtech, hard to tell without seeing the front cross memeber. Front cradle drops the lower control arms and repositions the front diff. New knuckles correct the upper control arms and tie rods, spacer on the strut and probably some drop brackets for the front sway bar. Upper and lower control arms are stock the only thing replaced is the steering knuckles.
the fact that it has pro comp tires might give it away

Kevin C

Reaction score
Well, I was driving by and pulled over for a closer look.

IMG_2886.jpg

IMG_2884.jpg

jamesfg

Reaction score
RC 6" lift, 5 wheels and tires set me back $4100. 2 non Rebel Bilstein struts were $105 off Amazon. Add another $100 for misc stuff, saw all blades, brake fluid, loctite, spray paint. Install was a all day project. Add $100 for alignment and unless you have zero ability to turn a wrench, do it yourself.

28733.jpeg 20181007_020734.jpg 20181007_150739.jpg

pber1

Reaction score

jamesfg

Reaction score
As I've said all over this forum, had a RC on my 09 Tundra for 75,000 miles. Not one problem. So far so good on the Ram.

Users who are viewing this thread