5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

6" BDS Coilover Lift Kit and towing

PikePatrol

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm new to the forum and have recently purchased a 2021 Ram Rebel without the air ride suspension and will be towing a 28' camper trailer roughly 7500 lbs loaded. I would like to eventually install a 6" BDS Coilover Lift Kit and was wondering if this upgrade will cause problems with towing? Would it sag badly? Would I need to upgrade anything in the rear end or should it ride better with the better Fox Shocks? Any input or information would be greatly appreciated.

LITTLEREBEL

Reaction score
You should look into a airbag system. My truck squats pretty bad pulling my 26' enclosed trailer with no lift. So I decided to not lift it.

TrailBoss

Reaction score
Yeah like littlerebel said, I’d look into airbag systems like the air lift 5000hd. They even have the brackets to match ur 6” lift.

PikePatrol

Reaction score
Thank you. I'll have to look into this system some more. I think I am going to go with the RC coilover lift kit and see how it sits with the shock's settings to the highest setting. If it squats a lot then I'll add the airbag system. I might need to get the 7500 lbs system since my trailer is on the heavier side.

DRichmond

Reaction score
Thank you. I'll have to look into this system some more. I think I am going to go with the RC coilover lift kit and see how it sits with the shock's settings to the highest setting. If it squats a lot then I'll add the airbag system. I might need to get the 7500 lbs system since my trailer is on the heavier side.
Hey PikePatrol- Did you ever end up doing this and if so how’d it turn out? I have a 2019 Ram 1500 with a 6” Procomp lift and an 8,000lb trailer (fully loaded). I’m toying around with upgrading my shocks/springs to the RC Coil Overs or keeping what I have and just adding airbags.

Users who are viewing this thread