5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

6.4 Bed 2-2.5 inch lift or level

Kdawg4wheels

Reaction score
I'm newer to the site but enjoying the old dusty dodge so far. I was looking into a 2-2.5 inch lift or level (which there are many opinions on), however it seems there are some nuances with having a crew cab 6.4 bed.

For instance I've been told the Mopar 2 inch factory lift won't work (which doesn't make much sense to me), but dealers and other members on this site seem to have encountered problems.

I'm curious what other fellow crew cab 6.4 bed members are doing to and what your experience has been. Thanks!

397STROKER

Reaction score
I have Bilstein front struts on setting 4 with the off road springs and a 1/2" spacer for 3" of lift up front and Bilstein's rear springs that gave 1.5" of lift but I just changed to Ironman 2" springs in the back with Bilstein shocks. I think that I may eventually put the Fox 2.5s on the front.

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Continue reading threads; I think the main problem had been back up radar sensors and front collision sensors. Not every 6 1/2’ truck will exhibit this problem. I wonder if trims without some of these options would have problems, or if it is tripped by traction control or roll sensors. Some have had techs successfully reprogram to reset and allow the new ride height. There may be aftermarket reflashes available, if you’re ready for that. There haven’t been enough sales to demand a manufacturer written and advertised reflash.

skyhawk42

Reaction score
I did the Motofab 3” front/2” rear on my crew cab 6’4” bed and have no issues. It took a couple of tries to get the new tire size to program to be accurate and still keep the park sensors working, but all is good now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online