5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

6” lift

Reaction score
Loking to put 6” Lift kit on my 2019 ram classic found full kits on truck part super store is there any other modifications that need to be made to lift truck 6” like flex hoses or anything or other parts that need to be replaced to make it work ??any help be appreciated thank

DirtNazzty

Reaction score
Loking to put 6” Lift kit on my 2019 ram classic found full kits on truck part super store is there any other modifications that need to be made to lift truck 6” like flex hoses or anything or other parts that need to be replaced to make it work ??any help be appreciated thank
I might be misunderstanding your question but no, everything you need comes with the kits.... relocation brackets, spacers etc.. Will all be included (as long as you buy the correct classic kit obviously)

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I might be misunderstanding your question but no, everything you need comes with the kits.... relocation brackets, spacers etc.. Will all be included (as long as you buy the correct classic kit obviously)

Ok thanks my mechanic was concerned about lifting truck up
6 “ and not have to make other mods to the truck so he told me to check out forums and see what other had to say he said he did 3” lift on his truck and had to replace other things for it to work like flex hoses snd some other stuff can’t remeber so just wanted to get some advice

DirtNazzty

Reaction score
Ok thanks my mechanic was concerned about lifting truck up
6 “ and not have to make other mods to the truck so he told me to check out forums and see what other had to say he said he did 3” lift on his truck and had to replace other things for it to work like flex hoses snd some other stuff can’t remeber so just wanted to get some advice
Yep you'll be good, depending on what brand of kit you go with it will either include longer brake lines etc.. Or just a relocation brackets to remount the factory lines/parts as well as any necessary spacers you'll need!

Reaction score
Yep you'll be good, depending on what brand of kit you go with it will either include longer brake lines etc.. Or just a relocation brackets to remount the factory lines/parts as well as any necessary spacers you'll need!

Thanks
Appreciate it

DirtNazzty

Reaction score
Wait a minute... Why is the rough country so expensive?... Rough country cost like half of that price lol.... Thats even more than the BDS 6"... I had a 6" RC on my 13 Laramie and ran it for almost 7 years (loved the stance and look of the truck, and got compliments allll the time) and although I never had any problems with it mechanically, after about a year and a half every single component of the lift was completely rusted out and looked like absolute ****... Literally less than 2 years everything was nasty and rusted out bad so it looked terrible! It was so bad even chunks of metal would fall off of the skid plate and RC cross members underneath in my driveway. I have nothing against saving money and rough country served me well (mechanically) for the 7 years I had it on my last truck outside of looking like **** for 5 years. But this time around I will be spending the extra money for the BDS or Zone lift for this new truck. There's noway I'm gunna be driving around in a $65k truck with components rusted out like they were on my last truck.

Reaction score
Wait a minute... Why is the rough country so expensive?... Rough country cost like half of that price lol.... Thats even more than the BDS 6"... I had a 6" RC on my 13 Laramie and ran it for almost 7 years (loved the stance and look of the truck, and got compliments allll the time) and although I never had any problems with it mechanically, after about a year and a half every single component of the lift was completely rusted out and looked like absolute ****... Literally less than 2 years everything was nasty and rusted out bad so it looked terrible! It was so bad even chunks of metal would fall off of the skid plate and RC cross members underneath in my driveway. I have nothing against saving money and rough country served me well (mechanically) for the 7 years I had it on my last truck outside of looking like **** for 5 years. But this time around I will be spending the extra money for the BDS or Zone lift for this new truck. There's noway I'm gunna be driving around in a $65k truck with components rusted out like they were on my last truck.

Oh wow I heard good things bout rough country lol maybe I’ll look into different one aswell and as for price I have no clue I live in Canada and that’s the cost haha..you have recommendations on another place I can order online??deffinatly don’t wanna spend that kind of money for something to rust out in 2 years

DirtNazzty

Reaction score
Don't let me change what you buy... Like I said I never had any problems with my RC lift on my last pickup! I just didn't like how rusty the components got and how bad it looked up close when looking behind the wheels or under the truck .... I do live in Iowa though with pretty harsh winters so that didn't help either, but the truck never seen gravel and it was spotless ALL the time ( I own and run a detail shop for a living) lol so idk... I know alot of guys are more than happy with their rc lifts, me personally I will be spending more this time around for BDS most likely.

As far as pricing idk why it would be thaaat much more up north in Canada that sounds crazy to me, there are plenty of places to buy lifts from, custom offsets has that same exact kit you posted a picture of for $1400 free shipping to lower 48, not sure what that would convert to for you up there but I gotta think $2500 for a rc lift can't be accurate.. If you've never been to custom offsets website I'd def go check out their gallery, you can search pretty much any and every truck out there with any lift size tire/wheel combo etc... And get a feel for what your truck will look like before you buy everything for it!

Here's a link to that same lift you posted on their website--

Atlantic Blue

Reaction score
Looks like both of you posted links to incorrect kits. The OP's truck is a classic aka 4th Gen. The links you guys posted are for 5th gen trucks.

OP - make sure you get a kit for the 4th gen classic 5 lug - you may want to find a forum that covers the 4th gen for advice. The 4th gen was produced for many years so there should be a lot of folks who have experience with 6" lifts.

Good Luck.

Notes section of Custom Offset's link.

NOTES​

• Does NOT fit models with factory air ride suspension.
  • Kit is not recommended for AWD models.
  • Does NOT fit 2019 "classic" models (5-lug)
  • "TRX" models will achieve approximately 1" of additional lift.
  • This lift is not recommended for use on the TRX models due to possible CV shaft vibration caused by the additional lift.
  • Requires 20" or larger wheels! Does NOT fit 18" or smaller wheels.

Reaction score
Don't let me change what you buy... Like I said I never had any problems with my RC lift on my last pickup! I just didn't like how rusty the components got and how bad it looked up close when looking behind the wheels or under the truck .... I do live in Iowa though with pretty harsh winters so that didn't help either, but the truck never seen gravel and it was spotless ALL the time ( I own and run a detail shop for a living) lol so idk... I know alot of guys are more than happy with their rc lifts, me personally I will be spending more this time around for BDS most likely.

As far as pricing idk why it would be thaaat much more up north in Canada that sounds crazy to me, there are plenty of places to buy lifts from, custom offsets has that same exact kit you posted a picture of for $1400 free shipping to lower 48, not sure what that would convert to for you up there but I gotta think $2500 for a rc lift can't be accurate.. If you've never been to custom offsets website I'd def go check out their gallery, you can search pretty much any and every truck out there with any lift size tire/wheel combo etc... And get a feel for what your truck will look like before you buy everything for it!

Here's a link to that same lift you posted on their website--

Ok awesome thanks for the the help and advice and I’ll defiantly check them out

Reaction score
Looks like both of you posted links to incorrect kits. The OP's truck is a classic aka 4th Gen. The links you guys posted are for 5th gen trucks.

OP - make sure you get a kit for the 4th gen classic 5 lug - you may want to find a forum that covers the 4th gen for advice. The 4th gen was produced for many years so there should be a lot of folks who have experience with 6" lifts.

Good Luck.

NOTES​

• This lift is not recommended for use on the TRX models due to possible CV shaft vibration caused by the additional lift.
Thanks for pointing it out

DirtNazzty

Reaction score

Good Luck.

NOTES​

Good call! He is the OP though lol, and all of my comments before still apply to the 4th Gen lift. My experience with rough country is for the classic I believe, Unless they changed anything on the 19 classic over the 13s? I'm not 100% sure about the 2019 classic tbh but I know my RC kit for my 2013 was just under $1200 when I bought it back in 2013. Just email or call custom offset to be sure, they will tell you exactly what kit you need! Or go to their gallery and do an advanced search for your exact truck and under the pictures it has links to the exact wheels/tires/lift that truck is running!

ArtieD

Reaction score
Don't forget Tires and wheels LOL , could not resist that

Reaction score
Good call! He is the OP though lol, and all of my comments before still apply to the 4th Gen lift. My experience with rough country is for the classic I believe, Unless they changed anything on the 19 classic over the 13s? I'm not 100% sure about the 2019 classic tbh but I know my RC kit for my 2013 was just under $1200 when I bought it back in 2013. Just email or call custom offset to be sure, they will tell you exactly what kit you need! Or go to their gallery and do an advanced search for your exact truck and under the pictures it has links to the exact wheels/tires/lift that truck is running!

Found another place for RC lift and it just under 1800 vs the 2400 on other one

DirtNazzty

Reaction score
Found another place for RC lift and it just under 1800 vs the 2400 on other one
Good man... Idk how prices convert to Canada but I do know that anywhere near $2400 for rough country is OUTRAGEOUS.... Rough country is always the cheapest kit you can buy.... Like I said my 6" RC kit for my 2013 Ram was like $1150 straight from RC.... So if your gunna pay $2000+ for RC I would do some more research and buy BDS or Zone (same company) zone is a cheaper variant of BDS

Reaction score
Good man... Idk how prices convert to Canada but I do know that anywhere near $2400 for rough country is OUTRAGEOUS.... Rough country is always the cheapest kit you can buy.... Like I said my 6" RC kit for my 2013 Ram was like $1150 straight from RC.... So if your gunna pay $2000+ for RC I would do some more research and buy BDS or Zone (same company) zone is a cheaper variant of BDS

Once you told me
They should be cheaper I shopped around lol I may still look into bds aswell heading to place this week to check it out

Users who are viewing this thread