5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

6” lift kit install quote

Rebel TR8R

Reaction score
I want to get your opinion. I know that doing the install on your own does save a lot of money, but not having enough work area, hydraulic lift to make it easier, and a helping hand limits me from going that route. I’m trying to get an idea of a reasonable price for an install, just the labor. I also know that locations/states may vary. I got quoted $680 from one place and $1025 at another. I do believe that you get what you pay for. I always worked on my own things and I’ve installed leveling kits and replaced springs so never have gotten someone to do a job this big on my vehicles. But based on your experience, what do you guys think?

Tazithman

Reaction score
With mechanics, high price doesn't always equal knowledge and ability. The guy that quoted $680 might have a ton of experience installing lifts and knows he can do it in 4 hours (which is about right and = $150/hr shop time with $80 for an alignment) while the guy with $1k quote has no idea how long it will take or whats involved, hence the higher number.

Rebel TR8R

Reaction score
With mechanics, high price doesn't always equal knowledge and ability. The guy that quoted $680 might have a ton of experience installing lifts and knows he can do it in 4 hours (which is about right and = $150/hr shop time with $80 for an alignment) while the guy with $1k quote has no idea how long it will take or whats involved, hence the higher number.

Never thought of it that way. You make a good point. I don't know about a 4 hour install though. Maybe for a level or 3.5'' or less that doesn't require too much of disassembling. I've done my own work, some without any help but it just took longer. This isn't a project I'm willing to do on my own though.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
In my opinion look for an install of a solid 8 hours and then factor in the alignment. In NJ you’re looking at $100 per hour minus the alignment.

Thr33BlindMice

Reaction score
lol..thats hella cheap..i just got a quote for a 2" level in the front only, and also an alignment for $1400... dafuq???? i know the alignment is around $70, $100 top. This dude aint getting my business. period.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
lol..thats hella cheap..i just got a quote for a 2" level in the front only, and also an alignment for $1400... dafuq???? i know the alignment is around $70, $100 top. This dude aint getting my business. period.
2" level if you have a lift shouldn't take more than 2 hours tops. In my garage with a jack and jack stands it took 3 because I had to fight one of the UCA's to let loose.

Tazithman

Reaction score
I did the 2 inch mopar lift in my driveway in 6 hours and at least 2 of those hours was spent adjusting frame height on jack stands so I could lower the rear diff far enough to insert the spacer/coil assembly. Another hour was wasted by trying to apply final torque in hard to reach spaces under the truck before I drove it on ramps to give myself some space. In all reality, they should not charge full price for allignment because it can be done with minimal added time when the vehicle is dropped before final torque values are applied.

Users who are viewing this thread