5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5th Gen Tonneau Cover Installation - Replacement Bed Brackets

rightonbracket

Reaction score
Over the last few months we've been manufacturing replacement truck bed brackets for the 5th Gen RAM trucks. These are the brackets in the corners of the bed on the cab side and are specifically for models with the multi-function tailgate.

With the stock reinforcement brackets, the types of tonneau covers you can use are significantly limited. We designed a standard right angle bracket that allows you to fit nearly all tonneau covers. The mounting holes are already drilled, so all you need to do take the stock brackets off and install our replacements! All brackets are buffed and powder coated for a smooth black finish.

IMG_2878.jpg

Ram Bracket 3.jpg

Respond to this thread with any questions you may have!

Visit our website for more details: https://rightonbracket.com/product/ram-truck-bed-brackets/

Visit this forum to read how other people used our brackets on their RAM trucks: https://5thgenrams.com/community/th...t-work-with-the-multifunction-tailgate.14175/

Last edited:

STR

Reaction score
Innovating design, but it’ll still interfere with all flush mounted bracket/rails, unless I’m missing something. I’m looking for Tonneau for my Rebel w/multi-function TG, and I’m leaning toward the Extang Solid-Fold, but would certainly prefer the flush mount.

fjetb

Reaction score
Innovating design, but it’ll still interfere with all flush mounted bracket/rails, unless I’m missing something. I’m looking for Tonneau for my Rebel w/multi-function TG, and I’m leaning toward the Extang Solid-Fold, but would certainly prefer the flush mount.
Look at the other thread through the posting above. There are some on that thread that have installed the Retrax Pro MX and the Retrax Pro XR (or the Retraxone MX and Retraxone XR) and they fit.

jcarcueva

Reaction score
I got my brackets delivered earlier this week. The driver's side bracket went in fine but for some reason the passenger side holes are off that I wasn't able to install.

I've attached photos of the driver's side bracket. Did you guys have to trim the plastic trim? Also, notice that the existing bolt does not line up exactly on centre.

20200521_175125.jpg
20200521_175128.jpg
20200521_175135.jpg

fjetb

Reaction score
I, also, installed these brackets. Mine went in ok except for one of the holes being slightly misaligned. But, the bolt still went in and secured it. I believe mine was slightly misaligned because I installed a Dualliner bedliner under the bracket. With some trimming the bedliner has worked fine. The brackets allowed me to install a Retraxpro XR tonneau.

Redfish

Reaction score
July 7, 2020
Been doing a lot of reading on covers for My 5’7” MFT I am concerned about the bracket replacements will void the warranty in some way. Dodge dealer gave the usual answer if a modification causes a problem no warranty. I want to buy an ultra flip or a bakflip mx4 for the truck.
Has anyone used the right on brackets and installed one of these flush fitting covers?
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread