5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5th gen ram exhaust options ??

daviesnathan

Reaction score
5th gen ram (1500) owners ... need some advice

Flowmaster super 10 or super 44 - or something comparable..

Resonators in or out ???

I ran a super 10 on my 2018 ram 1500 with stock pipe.. nothing fancy. And changed out the tips to 5 inch.

I'm hearing stuff on ram forums about it not being loud or a weird sound with Resonators in or out.. watched tons of videos.. but I need real input.

If anyone has done this or had some input I would greatly appreciate the comments

Thanks

Chan_man808

Reaction score
I just ordered the flowmaster flowfx direct fit muffler, I’ve gotten soft in my old age where I would mind cutting and welding before I find I choose convenience now 😂.

ZombieSlayer

Reaction score
I forgot which flowmaster I have but I also had the rear resonators taken out. I recommend doing just the muffler replacement first. Drive it for a week or so, and then if it's not sounding good enough take the resonators out.

These trucks love to stay in a higher gear for fuel mileage, so coasting around town there is a drone which I usually "fix" by blipping the throttle here and there and having the music up louder :D It could be the result of the combo I have, because others say they don't have a drone with a different muffler.

MO Rebel

Reaction score
I have zero drone with the MBRP cut and clamp muffler. I still have the rear resonators. It is fairly mild sounding unless you really get on it. It has gotten a little louder now that I’ve got almost 2K miles on it. I’ll give it a little longer to see if it continues to get louder as it breaks in, but I may decide to delete the rear resonators as well. One thing I don’t like with the rear resonators is the hissing sound at idle, but it’s not real noticeable.

I would definitely agree with try the muffler first before eliminating the rear resonators. And, give it some time to break in. It will get louder after some miles.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Flowmaster Outlaw with all 3 resonators in place, both in the rear and the one after the cat (19, 20 models only).

It sounds like a 60s muscle car, no drone when cruising. As with most aggressive muffler only applications, you will get a drone with MDS in operation, I just shut it off if I don't want to hear it.

mffdvr

Reaction score
I'll be ordering the AWE-0FG cat-back exhaust system here in the next week or two. Will report back, once installed, on how it performs. (y)

Users who are viewing this thread