5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5th gen ram 2500 (2109)

Thefamman

Reaction score
I am new and really don’t understand quite yet how this works.
please anybody with advice I would appreciate it.
oil leak discovered after first oil change by dealer. Made appointment for a Monday and took a vacation day off. Called Monday and told they used last gasket they had and it was the oil pan gasket that was installed crooked. Would be Tuesday now but again was called Tuesday and told gasket went to another dealer in the state so now it would be Thursday maybe Friday. Ok so quick rundown I picked up Thursday night and drove home. I crawled underneath and oil still leaking. Also oil pan looks like they drug it across the concrete. Next question why did they take transmission loose cause it’s Obvious they Did something cause the bolts are fresh rounded over metal now. Not to mention I have a major leak inside so I have towels all around my seats so water Doesn’t keep ruining things. Already hardware inside is rusty so now I have to get a second repair to oil leak. Please anybody else have issues here cause I am ready to loose it.
basically another week down and more damage to a new 2500 bighorn that should be a issue for anybody. We but new cause we want new but mine has already been through the ringer.
Thank you

Attachments

• B9AF8FF2-9E9F-443B-9822-A2EEDADC6DF0.jpeg
    B9AF8FF2-9E9F-443B-9822-A2EEDADC6DF0.jpeg
    140.9 KB · Views: 41

jdefoe0424

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is it the oil pan or is it from the rear main? If you look up in between does it look like it's hanging on the oil pan bolts?
Maybe finding another dealer might be in your best interest if you aren't happy with how they're treating you. The tech assigned to this was probably on the same level as an oil change tech...lowest on the totem pole.

Thefamman

Reaction score
Is it the oil pan or is it from the rear main? If you look up in between does it look like it's hanging on the oil pan bolts?
Maybe finding another dealer might be in your best interest if you aren't happy with how they're treating you. The tech assigned to this was probably on the same level as an oil change tech...lowest on the totem pole.
Ya makes sense. Looks like they drug my pan across the concrete. Weird too is how oil is all over front side of engine cross member.

jdefoe0424

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The oil will continue to drip off of the inside of the engine and onto whatever is underneath it with the pan off. They should have cleaned it up so that they could verify the leak actually is resolved.
To me, warranty work sucks because I would much rather do it myself if I can

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am new and really don’t understand quite yet how this works.
please anybody with advice I would appreciate it.
oil leak discovered after first oil change by dealer. Made appointment for a Monday and took a vacation day off. Called Monday and told they used last gasket they had and it was the oil pan gasket that was installed crooked. Would be Tuesday now but again was called Tuesday and told gasket went to another dealer in the state so now it would be Thursday maybe Friday. Ok so quick rundown I picked up Thursday night and drove home. I crawled underneath and oil still leaking. Also oil pan looks like they drug it across the concrete. Next question why did they take transmission loose cause it’s Obvious they Did something cause the bolts are fresh rounded over metal now. Not to mention I have a major leak inside so I have towels all around my seats so water Doesn’t keep ruining things. Already hardware inside is rusty so now I have to get a second repair to oil leak. Please anybody else have issues here cause I am ready to loose it.
basically another week down and more damage to a new 2500 bighorn that should be a issue for anybody. We but new cause we want new but mine has already been through the ringer.
Thank you
Find a new service center

Thefamman

Reaction score
The oil will continue to drip off of the inside of the engine and onto whatever is underneath it with the pan off. They should have cleaned it up so that they could verify the leak actually is resolved.
To me, warranty work sucks because I would much rather do it myself if I can
Just looks like they did more than pan gasket and not telling me. Now it’s back again with another missed day of work and then rental car and then so on and so on.

Thefamman

Reaction score
Find a new service center
I really wish I could as it is this one takes me 30 minutes to get to and it’s always the issue of you got a bring it and leave it for a day maybe two for us to find out so you’ll need to get a drive home or a rental car. it’s just such a problem and with this truck. oil leak then two days later major water leak in the back inside the cabin. flooded the carpets the seats and now the first attempt for the oil leak and it still leaks after they’ve damaged the undercarriage. there’s oil everywhere just unacceptable for price of these trucks.
I will mention possible transmission if it might help

Thefamman

Reaction score
Wow way worse than before they fixed it.
now oil is pouring down from front of pan and it is completely soaked after a short highway drive. Plus look at the pan where they damaged it. This truck has 8,000 miles 2DFA8CE9-F9D4-4D71-8222-9CFEF2A2C33F.jpeg F8DCB640-271C-46B2-8005-054B67B2D006.jpeg

Thefamman

Reaction score
Ok so is it me or am I expecting to much ? Breyer pic of the pan damage 0A1BEFE1-47C9-4B87-A270-94A5E4CD4D23.png

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't think you're being too picky. The pan damage looks like there wasn't enough clearance to get the pan out from between the crank and the crossmember after it was unbolted, so they forced it. I'm sure doing it right (unbolting/raising engine or removing crossmember?) would have taken 'too long'. Probably damaged the new gasket trying to force it back into position too.

Users who are viewing this thread