5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5th Gen Ram 1500 Bighorn NOT RESPONDING

RedalecAO

Reaction score
Hey guys, new here. I have a 2020 Ram 1500 Bighorn/Lonestar (push-to-star, remote start)
Couple days ago I left the truck parked without moving it due to a “hurricane” near my area, while the dash cam was running.
On the 3rd day as soon as I went to crank it the compressor(air horn) kicked in and drained what little juice was left in the battery.
Then I connected a battery charger at 12v 6amps for 1-2 hours, disconnected it and the truck turned on no issues at all. However an engine light came on with a message “Service Electronic Stability Control”, I figured it was due to the low juice in the battery so I left it recharging again for 3-4 hours. When I went back the car was completely dead. I then went and bought a new battery and swapped it real quick, I checked all fuses had continuity etc.
When I hopped inside and went to crank it(push to start) it wouldn’t let me press on the brake and the screen light up momentarily asking for the anti-theft code, after 20 sec it went out and that was about it. I left it sitting overnight to see if it would reprogram itself after that power loss but no luck, this morning the keyfob wouldn’t even lock/unlock doors nor remote start. Whenever I hop into the truck it asks me to press the brake and push to start, it doesn’t say the key it not present. As far as that goes nothing else lights up other than the proximity lights and the alarm going off here and there.

So here I am looking for help and possibly a quick fix prior calling dealership and messing with the warranty etc.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Have you tried pressing the start button with the bottom corner of the fob? Do you have eTorque?

Users who are viewing this thread