5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5th Gen NBS Mopar, Ready Lift, wheels, etc

Ramalama

Reaction score
Ok guys here it goes. After a few months of boggled info on this new 5th Gen black edition heres what I came to. So I did the new Mopar lift but didnt utilize the rear so its not a lift but a level. With 800# of rear weight it sags .25 of an inch. I searched wheels as I pondered using the OEM black 20" Owls and found KMC XD 143 RG3 pre release date. Locked them in at 205 each 18". Speaking to Race Relations and others as well as reading several posts online it seemed 18" might pose an issue with the 5th gen brake calipers. I ordered the rg3 KMC wheels in 18 and did a dry fit. What I came up with and confirm by Wheel Pros the 18" do fit. Tighter then the 20" OEM or any but I researched tolerance of calipers to ID of wheels. What I've found and even listed in NASCAR is 1.5mm or if you spin free they will work 100% as the caliper expands, if it does, in and out not up and down by .5 to 1mm. I went with the Nitto 285 70r18 as they were not as tall (33.9) and wider then the pizza cutters at 11.5 on a 9" wheel and perfection no rub no nothing. Keep in mind tire weight smaller sometimes can be an upwards of 10# heavier!. Did a test at full lock and clock and perfect at 18x9 0 offset ( makes it .75 poke from stock) +19mm to 0 to center is .7. 33.9 is better then 35" and 8#s lighter. Do your home work guys. Pics to come with loads of interior Lasfit LED bulbs. Any questioms ask away...

Users who are viewing this thread