5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5th Gen Exhaust Manifold Leak/Crack/Warp Issue Petition

DenverDoesIt!

Reaction score
If you have found out that your exhaust manifolds on your Ram have warped/cracked or bolts broken off in head due to warping/cracking of exhaust manifolds, speak up.
Ram/Chrysler & dealer network are very aware of this issue as they often hold stock of the exhaust manifold fix kit.
I hypothesis that this is a large issue and cost owners substantially, and RAM is negligent in knowing this is longstanding issue, and not working to fix this issue and or to compensate owners w free repair/refunds for past repairs.
State Your Year/Model, Brief Description of Issue, Dealer Fixed/Self Fixed/Not Fixed, If Dealer or Self Fix - Date of Fix & Cost to Fix,

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It's not any different than any other manufacturer that has a poor design. GM intake manifolds were bad for years. Every one had to be replaced. If you were beyond warranty, too bad. I worked for a municipality that had to replace more than 50. If it's not a NHTSA safety item, they don't recall.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Lol. Someone didn't pay attention to the truck and got caught out of warranty

RAL

Reaction score
If you have found out that your exhaust manifolds on your Ram have warped/cracked or bolts broken off in head due to warping/cracking of exhaust manifolds, speak up.
Ram/Chrysler & dealer network are very aware of this issue as they often hold stock of the exhaust manifold fix kit.
I hypothesis that this is a large issue and cost owners substantially, and RAM is negligent in knowing this is longstanding issue, and not working to fix this issue and or to compensate owners w free repair/refunds for past repairs.
State Your Year/Model, Brief Description of Issue, Dealer Fixed/Self Fixed/Not Fixed, If Dealer or Self Fix - Date of Fix & Cost to Fix,
Your best path is goodwill for full or partial contribution through your dealer. Hopefully you have a relationship with them as a customer. Throwing out words like “negligence” and “liability” will ensure you pay for the repair yourself. I am not saying you are wrong per se, but the better path is to tell them you are happy with the truck, that you want to stay a customer, but it would be helpful if they could demonstrate some goodwill on the issue.

My wife and I are both attorneys, and while there are lawyers that will take your money or sign you up for a class action of some sort, if you actually want the truck repaired properly in this lifetime, your better path is to do what I suggest. Good luck and let us know how you do.

Users who are viewing this thread