5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5th gen bed bulkhead low frequency rumble.

Mark C

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Ram 1500, 5'7" bed that I have installed a Snugtop Super Sport topper. It also has the factory spray in liner. The bed panel that is closest to the cab (I'm calling it the bulkhead) generates a low frequency rumble at speeds of about 30 and below, driving over small washboard type bumps. Nothing is hitting it and I'm nor sure how the topper is figuring in except possibly acting as a megaphone? When I apply pressure to the panel, the noise stops.
Has anyone else run into this? And any suggestions for a fix? Thanks

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a 2020 Ram 1500, 5'7" bed that I have installed a Snugtop Super Sport topper. It also has the factory spray in liner. The bed panel that is closest to the cab (I'm calling it the bulkhead) generates a low frequency rumble at speeds of about 30 and below, driving over small washboard type bumps. Nothing is hitting it and I'm nor sure how the topper is figuring in except possibly acting as a megaphone? When I apply pressure to the panel, the noise stops.
Has anyone else run into this? And any suggestions for a fix? Thanks
Well, yes, on my first 4th gen, except under certain engine load conditions it would rattle.

What I did is stuff a piece of 3 inch open cell foam in several places between the inner and outer bulkhead of the front of the bed. The 3 inch open cell foam compresses pretty easily, but I still had to use some force to get it into the approximate center of the two bulkhead panels.

That fixed in for as long as I owned the truck (four years and 110,000 miles).

Best regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 03 June 2018. Now at: 038843 miles.

Users who are viewing this thread