5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5th Gen 2019+ 12" UAX Owners Radio Reboot Issues/info

Mpgrimm2

Reaction score

12" UAX radio owners please post/reply back with your truck info/observations similar to what I have done below.

** If you don't have this radio please refrain from posting - we understood those that are glad they didn't get this radio **

Like others that picked up a 5th gen Bighorn, Laramie, Limited with the 12" UAX radio by Panasonic, I have found myself with a frequently rebooting radio after 4 months & 4500 miles on the truck.
(I drive 70+ miles a day for work, so it's happens 2-3 times each way now. Radio is fantastic when it worked up to this point).

I've got a trip to the dealer this week but already know the answer is that there's a sw update supposedly coming out in April that fixes it... Which we know from the 2018 4th gen UAQ/UAS radio could actually be 1.5 - 2yrs to get an update. Just want to get it documented.

My truck info :

- 5th Gen 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
- 12" UAX radio
- HW PN: CNSC29NFGL
- Application Version: v 33.3.0
(USA-SBX-12.1-LR-33.3.0-20191203-LORM)

My observations:

- Sirius XM radio almost always cuts out first, sometimes for a few minutes before the radio reboots.

- Will get a message: "SXM radio is unavailable" and SXM button is grayed out.

- Often some portion of the screen will go blank before the Reboot if running the split screen... Usually the media/SXM card

- Doesn't matter what audio/media option is playing before the Reboot. ...
SXM, Android Auto/ie Pandora app, fm radio, USB drive, etc.

- Doesn't matter if anything is plugged into the usb hub/ports, ie ... Phone (AA on GS9), USB drive.
(I've made drives with nothing plugged in)

- Doesn't matter if I disable ALL SXM NOTIFICATIONS as some have suggested on other Panasonic 8.4 that do this.

** I do believe that the issue is related to the SXM/Satellite module (SDARS) which faults out and causes the Reboot. Specifically...

>> If I go into DEALER MENU when SXM is working, you can see that the Following info is populated....
- SDAR hardware version: 01-00-01
- SDAR firmware version: 11-46-00
- SDAR Audio/Traffic/Data on Demand: TN647D8H

>> When I check this screen after it faults out/reboots ... SXM is greyed out & " Unavailable" it doesn't show any SDARS info (Just blanks):
- SDAR hardware version:
- SDAR firmware version:
- SDAR Audio/Traffic/Data on Demand:

** To access DEALER MENU : hold the 2 Lower, Outside App Icons at the bottom of the screen for 6-10 secs **

My Video links of the issue:

- 5th Gen 2019 Ram 1500 DT 12" UAX radio reboot issue (4660 miles) Pt1

- 5th Gen 2019 Ram 1500 DT 12" UAX radio reboot issue (4660 miles) Pt2

Screenshots:

Dealer Menu - Radio Info
faa6365afa5a00591817cfc1cc0e8926.jpg

Dealer Menu - SDARS info
e3d635741f8448808e36c3787caa1ee5.jpg

Screen Error switching from AA to Nav
3a837fbca9ed2be9166b8e1dd75c600d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread