5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5th Gen 1500 Snow Tires

Camshaft

Reaction score
Hi All, Just purchased a 2019 Laramie Longhorn with all the goodies (except e-torque) just love this truck! My first order of business was to Buy Snow tires (Canada , eh) After extensive research, I came to the conclusion that 275/65/18 steelies with Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V2 were the best choice. A little on the pricey side but what does it cost to repair body damage on this truck, if I was to rear end someone! (never happened before but you never know, theses trucks aren't light and dont stop quick on ice.

Anybody think this was a bad choice for snow tires and does anyone think NOT getting the e-torque was a big mistake.

Thanks!

Jim L

Reaction score
I have those snow tires for my Acura RDX, love them and I am happy I did not get e-torque on my 2020 laramie. Several YouTube videos out there saying nothing missed from it

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
We use to run those exclusively on our work trucks in the winter, before putting those on we had to use 4wd on the gravel roads all the time. First winter with the Blizzaks and no more 4wd til the deep snow.

Talisman

Reaction score
I had blizzaks on my 2wd Tacoma double cab. They allowed me to go through stuff my Tacoma never could before. They did great on snow and Ice. My Tacoma is 2wd with positraction and no locker. If one tire was slipping the whole truck was stranded. They allowed me to drive through some sketchy highway passes and to the ski slopes. I never had to use chains with the blizzaks (but had them just in case). On warmer dry pavement the blizzaks did have a noticeable longer stopping distance and I could feel the sidewall give more on hard cornering than previous sets of tires. I think the lower profile tires used on the ram might negate the sidewall feel that I had on the Tacoma.

Hope that info helps.

Camshaft

Reaction score
Awesome, thanks for your replies! I think I got the snow tires right. As for the e-Torque I'm not sure if omitting this was a mistake. Any other thoughts on this?

Camshaft

Reaction score
Also, Not being use to a pick up truck (gas mileage wise) I am finding it a bit of a pig on gas. I have had a grand Cherokee 5.7 hemi and it didn't seem as bad. Any thoughts?

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Had those on our Subaru and also on our Titan and worked wonders.

Camshaft

Reaction score
Oh, incase anybody in Canada wondered. My research showed that the best price for snows on steels delivers to my door (installed and balanced) with free shipping was from www.4tires.ca
The price was much lower than any other tire shop I called. Greta concept though, tires mounted and balanced delivered to your door for free at the best price! awesome!! Haven't received the delivery yet but I'll let you know how it goes.

Downytide

Reaction score
Also, Not being use to a pick up truck (gas mileage wise) I am finding it a bit of a pig on gas. I have had a grand Cherokee 5.7 hemi and it didn't seem as bad. Any thoughts?

It gets better as mileage increases, I have a Rebel which tend to get worse consumption, I can get around 12L/100km when driving down country roads, in last few days of snow I've average 16L/100km with lots of stop and go and 4wd hi engaged, and towing couple folks out of the ditch.

Users who are viewing this thread