5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5th gen 1500 brakes

Ramfancy

Reaction score
Hi All,

I see the brakes are a little bigger on the 5th gen half tons compared to my old 2011 1500 anyhow.

How many miles are people getting on the 5th gen’s before having to do a brake gen?

Best wishes

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hi All,

I see the brakes are a little bigger on the 5th gen half tons compared to my old 2011 1500 anyhow.

How many miles are people getting on the 5th gen’s before having to do a brake gen?

Best wishes
I am at 77k mi. about 40% left on the pads.

PM-Performance

Reaction score
I will tell you the brakes are tremendously better on the Rams than my 18 f150 was.
I see people getting silly amounts of miles on their rams.
I am only 30k in on mine with towing since pretty much day 1. I forget the thickness, but still pretty much like new last I had them checked at the dealer 2 weeks ago.

23RAM

Reaction score
Do you do much towing?
If your trailer braking is properly calibrated (or surge) it doesn't affect the tow vehicle's brakes that much as the trailer is slowing itself. You should expect to get about 100k with most vehicles these days due to ceramic and metallic pads lasting much longer than older fiber pads.

Ramfancy

Reaction score
If your trailer braking is properly calibrated (or surge) it doesn't affect the tow vehicle's brakes that much as the trailer is slowing itself. You should expect to get about 100k with most vehicles these days due to ceramic and metallic pads lasting much longer than older fiber pads.
A couple of things I tow are lighter and have no trailer brakes. My 11 ram got about 60000 before the first brake job. The rotors pitted terribly in on that truck. I am hoping for 100000 on my 22.

Users who are viewing this thread