5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5th gen 1500 aftermarket headlights

bxbricky

Reaction score
im looking to upgrade my stock halogens and i really like the form lighting leds. anyone here have them that can give me a thumbs up or down.. im waiting to pull the trigger. thanks

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score

He recently moved on to a raptor but @Waterfowler41 may still lurk around to give some additional feedback or new owner since he returned reuck to stock and sold off parts.

Sent from my SM-S928U1 using Tapatalk

Ablankens

Reaction score
I just put a set of these in my truck days ago. they look great so far. low beams put out a ton of light. But nothing is ever simple.. I am trying to troubleshoot why my high beams flicker immediately and go out and throw a short to ground. both sides do this.

bxbricky

Reaction score
ill hold off a bit before pulling the trigger then.... let me kow what happens

Ablankens

Reaction score
Had a decent day today to dig into this, Do not use the adaptor harness as provided and directed in the install guide, It is wrong, I removed it and plugged the truck harness into the headlight unit, and all lights are now working as expected.

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Had a decent day today to dig into this, Do not use the adaptor harness as provided and directed in the install guide, It is wrong, I removed it and plugged the truck harness into the headlight unit, and all lights are now working as expected.
Did you have OEM Halogen or LED? I know from the video there are TWO different harnesses.

Ablankens

Reaction score
Did you have OEM Halogen or LED? I know from the video there are TWO different harnesses.
My truck was OEM Halogen, I used the harness marked as such, It caused issues with the high beams grounding out, I removed that harness and went from truck harness straight to the LED unit and all lights began working as desired.

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My truck was OEM Halogen, I used the harness marked as such, It caused issues with the high beams grounding out, I removed that harness and went from truck harness straight to the LED unit and all lights began working as desired.
Glad it all worked out. I'll eventually install mine 😂

Ablankens

Reaction score
These are the lights on the truck, overlook the fact she needs a bath. Day and low beams at night

Attachments

• 20240420_163544.jpg
    20240420_163544.jpg
    266.1 KB · Views: 11
  • 20240501_205033.jpg
    20240501_205033.jpg
    234.8 KB · Views: 11

Users who are viewing this thread