5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5007 components covered under factory extended warranty?

Texagonian

Reaction score
Oregon or Texas depending on weather or mood.
Hello all,

I have been contemplating buying a new truck this year, the two from Ram that really scream are a 1500 Laramie Longhorn, or the PW. Leaning Longhorn for all the time comfort. But I do like doing a lot of outdoor stuff, and having a badass off-roader, with 7/10ths that comfort might be the way too.

I have never owned a Ram, came close during the 3rd gen release. But without trying to offend anyone here, Fiat and Crysler quality and history of lack there of concerns. Further complicated by owning a Crysler 300 briefly that was a POS.

The only way I can make the investment is knowing I'll be protected from the first/second year production woes, and that unholy alliance in the background.

Which leads me into the factory extended warranty... For those with direct knowledge, Mopar advertises 5007 components covered. I assume that's the bulk of most major components.

But I'd like to see for those that have purchased the factory extended plans, have you had any instances of failed components that were not covered? Aside from general wear, tear, belts, hoses, etc....?

For those that did not purchase the factory extended warranty, have you had an instance you wish you had?

Also, why would anyone want the wheel, windshield, dent protection? Lol

My insurance covers those for sofa pocket change every month.

Rich

Reaction score
I'm thinking most of us are still under the standard warranty and haven't had to try to use the extended warranty yet.

zx3junglist

Reaction score
Welcome, and I think you have some valid concerns and questions. As Rich mentioned, the 5th gens are so new still, that I'd be surprised if you had much feedback as we're still under the original factory warranty.

Maybe try posting this in the 4th gen section? I'll bet many more trucks into the extended warranty period over there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online