5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

500 miles: first impression highs & lows

HighDesertRam

Reaction score
I have put about 500 miles on my new 2019 Limited in the past week. Here some first impressions.

The Good: this is a terrific truck. My entire family loves it. The cabin is a heck of a nice place to spend time. It is surprisingly quiet, and the space is well designed. The materials feel good to the touch and the systems are intuitive.

On a rough washboard BLM road out to a hiking trail, the air suspension just devoured the bumps. On the highway, the adaptive cruise control works smartly and, again, intuitively. The adaptive high beams work great at night, allowing use of the bright lights and automatic dimming when a car approaches. The rain sensing wipers behaved as they are supposed to behave, coming on when we had a cloudburst. I find the technology, which wasn’t much of a selling point, to only add to the pleasure of driving the rig.

The basic package of steering, engine (Hemi) , brakes and suspension all mate for an impressively driveable truck. This thing drives smaller than it is, and handles surprisingly well for being such a beast. The 360 cameras help mitigate the challenge of parking a big truck after owning BMW sedans for the last several years.

The Bad: the 12” Uconnect is haunted by gremlins. About 90% is the time it works perfectly. But about 10% of the time it crashes and reboots, or it freezes and won’t respond to input, or it doesn’t load Apple Car Play. I can’t figure out rhyme nor reason behind the wonky behavior, but it’s irritating when it doesn’t work. I will have to ask the dealer for any ideas or fixes.

So, mostly I am deeply satisfied with a great new truck, although occasionally irritated when the infotech fails me.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Glad to hear you are mostly enjoying your truck. Your impressions are much the same as what I got when driving them.

As for the 12 inch screen maybe check out Drive UConnect and see if there is a software update available for your system.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Not driving her much eh
icon_lol.gif
another member on here has 5000 miles.
1f643.png

SoCal Truck

Reaction score
Really appreciate the review. We here about members getting their trucks and then nothing comes back. Thank you for taking the time to let us know.

chade014

Reaction score
I put 900 miles in about 10 days or so. Love the truck. Only complaints are the uConnect as well. It drives great, it was worth every $ so far. I got almost fully loaded limited.

Users who are viewing this thread