5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5 pass vs 6 pass seating

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Curious for those who've had both or those with the front bench how do you like it? I've had the 5 pass deluxe buckets in both but am thinking an extra pass spot could be nice in my next truck. Are the front driver and pass seat the same and only difference is the center console?

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I’ve had both and if you plan on putting a 6th person in there, they better not be bigger then Barbie lol. I ended up with the 6 passenger as I liked being able to put that middle part up for extra width.

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I had the bench seat in my 2015 Ram Tradesman and I had the buckets in my 2016 and now my 2019 . The bench is a little different seating . The buckets are more like .... well buckets . You do have more room up front with the bench .

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have had both I only miss the 6 passenger when I am driving with my dog. LOL! He used to love it put his head under my arm...you would think putting his head out the window would be more fun. Weirdo

PIC for clicks ;-)

Attachments

• Jax and Ball.jpg
    Jax and Ball.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
We have 5 people in our family and this guy
20141008_193628.jpg
So we have always had the 60/40/60

The big guy passed away and our oldest has moved out.

But we will always get the 6 passenger seating.

You can sit people in the center seat. They either have to straddle the hump or put both feet on the passenger side. The Back isnt at too bad of an angle.

Since the 5th gen 1500 has a flat back floor...does it have a flat front floor also?

You never know when you will need to seat a 6th or 8th person...yeah 4 will fit across both quite easily.

But with the console you know you wont be doing it.

jdefoe0424

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I like the bench, makes the truck feel more spacious up front and gives you extra room to move your feet and legs around, plus my wife wanted it too. I do like the option of sticking one of the kids there for a short drive if needed.
The BMW I had previously did feel a bit more claustrophobic but that's also the style, it was difficult sometimes to get my legs comfortable on long drives due to the minimal leg room.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread